AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th October, 2001, 02:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

Tribes 2 problems

Hey, I was wondering if anybody can help me with a problem I'm having with Tribes 2, since Sierra isn't do much, lol. I have installed it on both of my boots--Windows Me and 2000 Pro. It works perfectly fine under Me, but I keep getting an Unhandled exception error on the load of the game. Does anybody know what could be th problem?? Could it be because I have an ATI Radeon video card and an AMD Duron CPU?? I've heard that they aren't compatible sometimes, but oh well. Are there any quick fixes?? I have reloaded both the OS and Tribes 2 a few times already, so I know it's not the install. I know for a fact that it works on Win2000 because I have it on my computer at work. I have done all of the patches several times. Any other recommendations?? Also, what exactly is an unhandled exception error?? I've gotten a few different answers, lol. The exact error is as follow:

"Unhandled Exception: c0000005
At Address: 0044fd2"

If that helps any, lol. Thanks!!
Old 5th October, 2001, 03:24 PM
Pixel Slave to Satan

This game works in 98 and XP but not in windows 2000 !!!! That unfortunatley is just the way it is !!!

Very strange set of circumstances. That has just taken me two hours to figure that one out !!!!

Works great with Radeon in XP too.
Old 5th October, 2001, 03:48 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

The game does work on Windows 2000. Everybody, including myself have it on our computers at work, yet for some reason I can't get it to work on my personal computer.
Old 5th October, 2001, 03:53 PM
Pixel Slave to Satan

There's two versions - A Dynamix one, and a Sierra / Dynamix one.

Try using patch #23369 from Sierra to get this to work - Good Luck. I just got it working on mine with that.
Old 5th October, 2001, 05:16 PM
Banned

I already have all of the patches applied. Any other suggestions?? Did u get it workin with an AMD CPU and an ATI Radeon??