AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th April, 2008, 05:08 PM
AOA Staff

GTA game 'to break sales records'

Quote:
Highly anticipated video game Grand Theft Auto (GTA) IV has gone on sale worldwide with analysts expecting it to smash sales records.
See front page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/4162/1/

Comments?
Old 3rd May, 2008, 01:35 AM
AOA Staff

So, who's been playing this?

I'm pretty much hooked on it. But, I don't drive like a whimp, regardless of what Roman says.
Old 3rd May, 2008, 01:38 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

I'm not sure. Finding it hard to get in it. I can't help but feel Rockstar got far too distracted with all the minigames. That and the graphics make me sadfaced. There's something I miss about the oringal GTA :P

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2008, 12:02 PM
AOA Staff

Now I'm having major problems with it.

Tried to play today, and it just hanged whilst trying to load the saved position. So, I deleted that game save, so it would try and load a previous position. But, it just hanged whilst loading that.

So, I deleted all the saves, so the game would start from the beginning, which it did only to lock-up after about 3 minutes of play.
Old 3rd May, 2008, 05:13 PM
Steve Jobs

Ive had no issues, other than spending over half an hour trying to peg an empty can I found near a dumpster at the chinaman's shop window before finally figuring out that I needed a brick to get the job done.

As someone who's never played a GTA before (other than 10 minutes of GTA2 which I found boring) I'm finding it difficult to get into, the driving controls are cumbersome and the camera positioning is just terrible. The graphics are below par, and they try to cover it up with excessive bloom effects which get in the way. The music is terrible as well. The actual story and gameplay, and atmosphere is somewhat compelling, just the mechanics of the game are lacking.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles

Last edited by dsio; 3rd May, 2008 at 05:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2008, 06:31 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio View Post
The actual story and gameplay, and atmosphere is somewhat compelling, just the mechanics of the game are lacking.
Yes, it is immersing, so I manage to ignore the fact that the technical aspects are nothing spectacular.

The character movements are a bit Thunderbirds-like. Whereas they could have easily used modern CGI techniques where real people are used to map natural movements, as we see in COD4 and Drake's.
Old 10th May, 2008, 01:56 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Full console specific review - Grand Theft Auto IV: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 Special Article // None /// Eurogamer

The reason i had bought it on PS3 than 360 is that given the PS3's HDD and the Blu-Ray drive, the game would be far better suited for it. Seems it's another 360 port. *sigh* Rockstar

XBL/PNS = neolad

Last edited by Pitch; 10th May, 2008 at 02:01 AM.