AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th July, 2008, 03:27 PM
AOA Staff

Microsoft Confirms Xbox 360 Price Cut

Microsoft officially confirmed the new $299 price for the 20GB Xbox 360 game console at its annual press conference during the Electronic Entertainment Expo Business Summit.

See front page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/4309/1/

Comments?
Old 21st July, 2008, 08:41 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Do all of the hipsters have this console? Or is the PS/3 the must-have?
Old 22nd July, 2008, 04:01 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

In other news, Sony once again stuck their heads in the sand, announcing that there is no planned price cut for the PS/3.

"We've got the greatest system in the world. We know it; everyone knows it, and we expect everyone to pay for it!", announced Sony's VP of Market Fleecing. "Besides, we're losing our *ss on it right now; it's too expensive to manufacture", he added quietly.

Last edited by Gizmo; 22nd July, 2008 at 04:02 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th July, 2008, 08:33 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I find it hard to believe they are "still" losing their shirts on tech this old...?
(Opinions please.":O)
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th July, 2008, 10:25 PM
AOA Staff

I think this game is likely to be a big money spinner for Sony:
BBC NEWS | Technology | Media Molecule hits little big time
Old 28th July, 2008, 05:27 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~ View Post
I find it hard to believe they are "still" losing their shirts on tech this old...?
(Opinions please.":O)
I'm not sure I understand your comment regarding 'tech this old'? The PS3 has only been in production for what? A little over a year? According to reports I read (IIRC) the original $600 units cost Sony like $800 to make. Costs have come down since then, with some reports suggesting that Sony have gotten the costs down to around $400/unit, but that means they are still losing money.
Old 28th July, 2008, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Necorum Send a message via MSN to Necorum Send a message via Yahoo to Necorum

Reminds me of the Sega dreamcast era That thing was way ahead of its time and cost sega alot

But hey I love my playstations :P

3dMark 11: P7023
3dMark Vantage: P31097
Old 28th July, 2008, 06:37 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
I'm not sure I understand your comment regarding 'tech this old'? The PS3 has only been in production for what? A little over a year? According to reports I read (IIRC) the original $600 units cost Sony like $800 to make. Costs have come down since then, with some reports suggesting that Sony have gotten the costs down to around $400/unit, but that means they are still losing money.
Your Kidding!? I though they were 3 years old at lest.. but yeah, I didn't allow for the drop from 6 bills...Never mind.":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 28th July, 2008, 06:50 PM
AOA Staff

Sony must be benefiting from the fact that the PS3 played a major part in the success of Blu-Ray. They'll make a stack out of that, for long after the lifetime of the PS3.