AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th March, 2013, 08:22 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Exclamation Far Cry 3

So glad I got rid of the latest Crysis3 and I did it through CEX so I got Far Cry3 and Crysis2 instead of C3.

What can I say Daniel, if you remember Far Cry this game is the real deal. When FC2 came up we were all like, what the hell is this, and it had almost nothing from FC. But hey at least it is open world not ****e like Crysis3 and call of duty and other horrible EA games!

Ubisoft really knows their stuff and this one is made by Ubisoft Montreal, all I can say is that they did a very good job. I played the first few missions, weapons are accurate, AI is really good, you get to hunt or defend yourself from the wildlife in addition, and there are many things I haven't discovered yet. So far I love it! Been in an enormous cave looking for some mushrooms and stepped on some halucinogenic mushrooms that released some spors and trigered a haucinogenic episode, interaction with main characters is really well done.

I have attached a couple of photos (taken with my camera from my LCD) and keep in mind that the game looks actually better.
Attached Thumbnails
Far Cry 3-dscf3204-1280x803-.jpg.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	898.0 KB
ID:	26654   Far Cry 3-dscf3206-1280x720-.jpg.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	730.4 KB
ID:	26655   Far Cry 3-dscf3207-1280x718-.jpg.jpg
Size:	812.6 KB
ID:	26656   Far Cry 3-dscf3210-1280x723-.jpg.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	839.3 KB
ID:	26657   Far Cry 3-dscf3213-1280x768-.jpg.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	933.1 KB
ID:	26658  

Far Cry 3-dscf3215-1280x747-.jpg.jpg
Size:	874.5 KB
ID:	26659   Far Cry 3-dscf3216-1280x789-.jpg.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	869.7 KB
ID:	26660  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th March, 2013, 09:57 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

The pics even smell like Far Cry ! Your right! I was so disappointed in Far Cry two. I played far cry for two years!

Once the coins draw even with my desire I'll be getting this one. Thanks Chris! And thanks for the warning about Cry 3...I would have walked right into that one.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th March, 2013, 11:46 PM
Benchmarker

Will post more pics as this one has the amazing 26 (24! sorry, how TF I come up with a 26 hour day, LOL) hour time like FC2. The mornings and evenings look fabulous!
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Last edited by chrisbard; 25th March, 2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: I thought for a second that a day has 26 hours LOL
Old 25th March, 2013, 11:53 PM
Benchmarker

In regards to the AI the patrols around this wrecked ship are usually patrolling two by two and its a bit tricky to get rid of them without trigging the alarm but its doable since you can throw rocks and lure them into certain spots to take them out. They are placed like in real life in important locations guading something. In Crysis3 all the AI seemed to be dropped randomly and without any point allover the place, even in places where no one in their right mind would be while in really important places where you have to disable engines or turbines there is no one! Then again Ubisoft has my respect! EA is just about money and doesn't care about quality of their unfinished product...

Old 26th March, 2013, 03:08 PM
Benchmarker

Thumbs up

Just finished a tough mission where I had to blow up an ammunition depot. Had to sneak past the guards (silently take em down as you go from one guard to the next one) and disable the alarm system which if triggered will bring enforcements and you get killed in a few seconds. While I was inside some barracks it started raining and above us was an electric storm, fabulous! The game is really fast paced once you've been detected and you need to be very careful in regards to the surrounding terrain to be able to run and hide or back down if needed. I love it so far!

Here are some more pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Far Cry 3-dscf3243-1280x722-.jpg.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	709.3 KB
ID:	26661   Far Cry 3-dscf3245-1280x722-.jpg.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	819.9 KB
ID:	26662   Far Cry 3-dscf3248-1280x722-.jpg.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	969.0 KB
ID:	26663   Far Cry 3-dscf3249-1280x704-.jpg.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	759.3 KB
ID:	26664   Far Cry 3-dscf3250-1280x712-.jpg.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	707.2 KB
ID:	26665  

Far Cry 3-dscf3251-1280x721-.jpg.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	768.2 KB
ID:	26666   Far Cry 3-dscf3252-1280x723-.jpg.jpg
Size:	874.8 KB
ID:	26667  

Old 2nd April, 2013, 10:53 PM
AOA Staff

Thats awesome! I have been curious about Far Cry 3... Honestly, I loved Far Cry 2... amazing graphics, flawless animation, lots of stunning locations, vehicles, and cool story.
I hope Far Cry 3 combines the best of Far Cry & Far Cry 2.

by the way, why do the screenshots looks like paintings? Do you have texture quality turned down or are you adding some effect to the images before uploading?
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Linux Guides: PC Games Linux Beginners Tips Linux Games List
Mack Truck Dungeon Of Fire Spray Booth Tutorial
Old 2nd April, 2013, 11:22 PM
Benchmarker

zooming in on the TV has that effect Boo. And ye it still has some great things from FC2 while being really close to FC.

Last edited by chrisbard; 2nd April, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 2nd April, 2013, 11:32 PM
AOA Staff

So you are taking pics with your camera?
Wait, you are playing this on PS3 right?
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Old 2nd April, 2013, 11:40 PM
Benchmarker

Yup this are photos not screenshots. Why would I play it on PS3 to get low fps and ****? You got it wrong Boo of course I am playing it on my Xbox!

Last edited by chrisbard; 2nd April, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 2nd April, 2013, 11:43 PM
AOA Staff

Dang! 50/50 chance of guessing the wrong system... oh well
I was going to guess Xbox, but took a risk... now I'm the idiot!
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Old 3rd April, 2013, 03:19 PM
Benchmarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booman View Post
Dang! 50/50 chance of guessing the wrong system... oh well
I was going to guess Xbox, but took a risk... now I'm the idiot!
U R not an idiot Boo, hahahaha, just remember my passion for Microsoft next time! But leaving aside Microsoft I do not know the reason why PS3 has a drop in FPS in many of the modern games when compared with the XBOX. 20-25 FPS Mass Effect3 and Far Cry3 on Xbox while PS3 goes sometimes under 17 FPS in the same places, plenty videos on youtube showing this major problem with PS3 console and some modern games.

BTW I just set fire to some weed crops in FC3 and then had to blow up a boat in a fishing village, this game never stops amazing me, instead of buying a couple of cheap 5$ games spend a bit more on this one and you will be really happy since it is absolutely amazing!

Old 3rd April, 2013, 03:22 PM
Benchmarker

Here is an example of lower FPS in FC3 if you are curious.

http://youtu.be/L4HAMXHJ-kw

Old 3rd April, 2013, 06:06 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard View Post
U R not an idiot Boo, hahahaha, just remember my passion for Microsoft next time! But leaving aside Microsoft I do not know the reason why PS3 has a drop in FPS in many of the modern games when compared with the XBOX. 20-25 FPS Mass Effect3 and Far Cry3 on Xbox while PS3 goes sometimes under 17 FPS in the same places, plenty videos on youtube showing this major problem with PS3 console and some modern games.

BTW I just set fire to some weed crops in FC3 and then had to blow up a boat in a fishing village, this game never stops amazing me, instead of buying a couple of cheap 5$ games spend a bit more on this one and you will be really happy since it is absolutely amazing!
First rate game + Time = cheap $5.00 First rate game.

Time is not your enemy Chris, Time is a friend to gamers everywhere. ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 3rd April, 2013, 06:35 PM
Benchmarker

you will love it daniel

Old 3rd April, 2013, 06:46 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'm sure I will,...hell I may even buy your copy when your done with it! ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 3rd April, 2013, 08:25 PM
AOA Staff

wow, that video is hard to believe...
Anything below 20 Frames Per Second is really choppy on PC.
Those videos didn't look that bad.

But its kinda sad that companies try to push the console hardware and you end up with 16 frames per second. They should know better.

I'm guessing there are no in-game tweaks on the consoles to get more frames... correct?
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Old 4th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
Benchmarker

Boo I play FC3 and trust me I dont need more frames. As for the low frames of the PS3 I saw it myself on a friends console and ME3 while my Xbox is happily running ME3. I always underestimated consoles when I was a PC geek not having one, now I know that the game might have a few extra things on the PC but in the end the satisfaction of playing a game is the same on both with no tinkering at all on the console which is a great thing. Put the disc in and play, thats it. Why spend so much cash to play the new games, just because they (the game creators+hardware manufacturers) want to rob you?

Old 4th April, 2013, 12:39 AM
Benchmarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~ View Post
I'm sure I will,...hell I may even buy your copy when your done with it! ":O}
I can send it to you Daniel when I finish the game but you need an Xbox.

Old 4th April, 2013, 06:08 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Ah...yes Xbox....never-mind.":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur