AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th May, 2002, 05:08 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

UT Proficiency

Let's say that one was pretty decent at Duke, about how long would it take to get ok at UT?

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th May, 2002, 05:22 PM
Banned

As logn as it takes, I would imagine

Really, they're all basically learning maps and hand/eye, nothing being reinvented since Pac Man.
Old 14th May, 2002, 05:31 PM
AOA Staff

I have a copy of the game, but I've yet to play it beyond the practice thing. I guess I'll try it out.

AOA Team fah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th May, 2002, 06:05 PM
Banned

You'll be surprised how addictive it is, especially on line, but remember that learning the map is key, once you know your way around it makes it easier to kill and find spots to camp... I mean ...
Old 14th May, 2002, 06:05 PM

UT is just another twitch first person shooter. Learn how to line up the crosshairs quickly and click the mouse, and you're good to go. Sure, there are some little differences, but not enough that if you're really good with another FPS that you'd have to relearn everything. You just have to learn what all the weapons are and when to use them, their strengths and weaknesses. Learn what the power ups are, and what they do. Learn some of the maps. Just like any other FPS.
Old 15th May, 2002, 04:20 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Wa11y
UT is just another twitch first person shooter. Learn how to line up the crosshairs quickly and click the mouse, and you're good to go. Sure, there are some little differences, but not enough that if you're really good with another FPS that you'd have to relearn everything. You just have to learn what all the weapons are and when to use them, their strengths and weaknesses. Learn what the power ups are, and what they do. Learn some of the maps. Just like any other FPS.

Gotcha! I've got a couple of weeks yet before I start getting busy. I think I'll start playing and hone my skillz.

AOA Team fah

Old 29th May, 2002, 05:08 AM

practice instajib against godlike bots. it warms you up and gets your aim really good. Just avoid Loque! I would say playign an hour a day for like 3 weeks would make you okay level. godlike try 2 years everyday playign about an hour or two against real people. Use your trans.
Old 29th May, 2002, 12:19 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by el_
practice instajib against godlike bots. it warms you up and gets your aim really good. Just avoid Loque! I would say playign an hour a day for like 3 weeks would make you okay level. godlike try 2 years everyday playign about an hour or two against real people. Use your trans.
Yeah! Why is LOque so good?

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 29th May, 2002, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman53142
Yeah! Why is LOque so good?
Loque is an aimbotting *****. I love it when he's on my team, but fear him when I oppose him. Loque cheats.
Old 31st May, 2002, 03:23 AM

Loque has his aim turned all the way up and he won't miss so to beat him you have to predict him around corners. he can be better than any real player if he is snipping in a hidden area.
Old 31st May, 2002, 03:29 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Try playing him on Instagib at Godlike!!! It is CRAZY!

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 1st June, 2002, 03:12 AM

I did and I lost 15frags to 1 on David M2 in 46 seconds!