AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th September, 2001, 12:15 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Phil

thats why I stopped using my pc for 3d gaming, it just isn't cost effective, you buy a console for say £200 and it lasts you 5 years and games get better looking and faster over that 5 years, on a pc it lasts 2 years maybe 3 if you put up with it and games get gradually worse looking and slower.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th September, 2001, 05:28 AM

Dinosaurs laid eggs long before chickens were around so the egg came first!!
Old 1st October, 2001, 05:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalMethod

I ate both the chicken and the egg, end of discussion.
I think that many people are buying, high end video cards just to say they have them. Most of the time they're getting framerates that the human eye can't even notice. To me that's a waste. I myself just upgraded my vid card. Moved up to a whopping MX400, from a VooDoo3 2500. It's not the best card out there, but I don't see the point to getting something expensive that I won't be able to push with the games I play. When I move on to the next game I decided to get into, and my framerate drops below 12 FPS, I'll upgrade again, but until then I'll be content with what I have.
Old 10th October, 2001, 11:29 PM
Banned

Frags Per Salary

Clump!