AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd July, 2002, 07:38 PM
Banned

New games?

So what are people playing nowadays? I tried Jedi Knight Outcast, keeps my interest for a whole of 10 minutes (controls are only decent, not as smooth as UT, etc). Aquanox is plain boring. Comanche 4 a yawner as well, though some of the graphics are good. So far the only one I like and probably will try a few more times is Nascar 2002 season, very lifelike (almost tempted me to buy a wheel to play it).
Old 22nd July, 2002, 07:50 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

I just started on WarCraft III.. great eye candy.
and also Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.
Old 22nd July, 2002, 11:02 PM

Um...Starcraft? Actually, I haven't been playing ANY games lately. What the crap have I been doing with my time? I've started a few console games of late (Ace Combat 4 for PS2, and Eternal Darkness for GC). I think right now I've been getting back into some Diablo 2 LOD, and Heavy Metal FAKK2. Other than that, no new games have interested me. They're all either MMORPGS, or just rehashed of what's already out there. I've been looking back to my roots, and picking up some older games that I didn't get into the first time around.

Mostly I've been monkeying around with hardware and the like. Setting up multiple systems, upgrading some, etc. Such is the life of a hardware monkey.

(Oh, and I've fantasized enough about using a light saber, JK2 was awesome at fulfilling that fantasy. I can die a happy man.)
Old 23rd July, 2002, 02:02 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Still an avid Q3 and UT player. Online of course. I have found nothing to replace them. Like it fast and loud.......hahahaha
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd July, 2002, 08:21 AM

I play counter strike and diablo2 LOD online.
Wally, do you play on battle net?? If so whats your account name I'll add it to my friend list.
Played Jedi Knight a bit, decided it wasnt worth buying.
Medal of honour was ok. If a little short.
My house has a good scheme, because there are 3 of us (I have 2 brothers) we split the cost of any games we buy 3 ways. Means we can buy a game and if it is crap it isnt too much of a problem because we only paid a 3rd of the price each.
Old 24th July, 2002, 12:30 AM

Anything 1st player trhat I can shot, blow up or just plain 'Ol destroy the enemy. I just beat MoHAA (hardest setting with no cheats) last sunday with all 9 medals :0)~~~~~~~ . Still working og Return to Castle Wolfenstein (haedest setting of corse still no cheats)

2nd Rig, MSI K7N2 Delta 2, XP-3200 Barton, Global Win CK-38 w/60mm Delta, 9600XT, XP Pro

99% of all computer problems are sitting in front of the monitor But.... so is the Solution!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th July, 2002, 03:05 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

I did the RTCW thing. Awsome game. There are some major extreme levels. Great eye candy on a good video card.
Old 24th July, 2002, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SadisticWarrior
Anything 1st player trhat I can shot, blow up or just plain 'Ol destroy the enemy. I just beat MoHAA (hardest setting with no cheats) last sunday with all 9 medals :0)~~~~~~~ . Still working og Return to Castle Wolfenstein (haedest setting of corse still no cheats)
You're a man after my heart. Maybe I need to finish Wolfenstein someday... never got into it, or Max Payne, just too busy to be submerged...
Old 25th July, 2002, 12:55 AM

Cool Home Alone :0)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky

You're a man after my heart. Maybe I need to finish Wolfenstein someday... never got into it, or Max Payne, just too busy to be submerged...
I have been home alone for almost two weeks now, just me and my dog so I have been spending a lot of time sitting here playing just as loud as I want to. But.............. as always all good things must end, my wife and son will be back home this Sunday. then it's back to the family thing with as much puter time as I can scrape and scrounge.
Wolfenstein is a good game (in small doses),I'm still trying to get use to looking at the back of Max'es head but all in all in worth playing to kill a few hours, MoHAA I love the game. But My all time favorite is still QUAKE 2, Ive beat the game so meny times but I still love it single and on line. I started my FPS habit with Quake 1 and never lost the desire to play ( still got Quake 1 w/origanial box).

2nd Rig, MSI K7N2 Delta 2, XP-3200 Barton, Global Win CK-38 w/60mm Delta, 9600XT, XP Pro

99% of all computer problems are sitting in front of the monitor But.... so is the Solution!
Old 25th July, 2002, 03:13 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

UT2 yes 2!! I love UT but I have a prob with stuck keys. CS and quake III on a EXCESSIVE server.

Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 1st August, 2002, 08:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

i purchased Warcraft III a couple weeks ago and have only had time to play it once...that's why this is the first game in about a year i've purchased.
Old 1st August, 2002, 08:38 PM
Banned

I got GTA 3 and will be giving it a try very soon, kinda looking forward to it
Old 1st August, 2002, 11:29 PM

Just been playing buronout on the PS2. One of the few games that gives me a genuine adrenaline high.
Old 2nd August, 2002, 09:34 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

EQ, Morrowind and UT.

EQ's getting more interesting as I shift up levels, so I've been playing a lot of it recently.

Morrowind is just big, and looks good.

UT - nuff said.
Old 12th August, 2002, 05:58 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Aidain, what server on EQ? i used to play a lot on druzil ro, more or less quit, still got the account for when i get the itch, morrowind is MAJOR eye candy, havent had the honour of really playing it only a few minutes and i ended up with a pool of drool in my lap. Im looking foreward to the Shogun sequel...

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 17th August, 2002, 01:14 AM

Neverwinter nights is cool, morrowwind is really also, i havent played it, but a friend of mine has it. As for jedi knight, did you play single player or multi player. I liked it mostly because of the sence of deja vou i got from it, all the way back to Dark Force (the ORIGINAL) which i played on my mac which didnt meet the minimum requirements, and was so choppy that you HAD to cheat to get through the game, but it was fun. JKII had the same puzzle aspect, some puzzles had me stumpt for hours. It was great in that respect. Some of the lightsaber combat is a bit tough with the controls like they are, but still a great game IMHO. If you havent played single player try that before you drop the game, the story and puzzles are half the game.

Watercooled Barton 2500+ AGOIA-Y @ 2300 (11.5x200) 1.85v
Epox 8RDA
1gb OCZ PC3200, 2-2-2-6
eVGA Geforce 4 TI4400
Old 17th August, 2002, 05:32 AM
Banned

Thanks for the advice Wyrm, I haven't abandonned JK2 yet

If I wasn't so tired tonight I'd have played some UT and another game... only one I'm missing from games I want to try is Medal of Honor, and I'm gonna get that eventually too

My friend and coworker started hacking the EQ servers, running around like God for kicks (he was bored). They initially banned his first 2 characters (30-40 level), then they tracked him down to his main character which was in the mid 50s, and terminated that one too

So now he's starting a ring of EQ servers not run by Sony
Old 17th August, 2002, 03:35 PM

Talking MOHAA

Pinky you gotta get MOHAA once you start playing it's hard to stop, even on single player. I have beat the game on hardest setting w/ all medals (no cheat) and still keep on playing and finding thangs I missed during all the other times

Old 17th August, 2002, 08:56 PM

Re: MOHAA

Quote:
Originally posted by SadisticWarrior
Pinky you gotta get MOHAA once you start playing it's hard to stop, even on single player. I have beat the game on hardest setting w/ all medals (no cheat) and still keep on playing and finding thangs I missed during all the other times
Really. I havent played the whole game yet, but sofar i have found it to be a fun game, but its a bit to linear and scripted with not enought stuff to find.

Watercooled Barton 2500+ AGOIA-Y @ 2300 (11.5x200) 1.85v
Epox 8RDA
1gb OCZ PC3200, 2-2-2-6
eVGA Geforce 4 TI4400