AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th September, 2002, 06:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

bf1942 Best game ever!

If anyone is thinking about buying a game soon I sugguest BattleField: 1942, you wont be sorry
ugh I feel whatever life ive gotten in the past year slipping away...
Beware the game! Its easy to get addicted to it
Old 19th September, 2002, 09:28 PM
Banned

Might be worth a preview

You have any screenies/eye candy for us to droll over?
Old 19th September, 2002, 09:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Go download the multiplayer demo
www.battlefield1942.com
Old 24th September, 2002, 11:37 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

its rather impressive. think world war 2 Operation Flashpoint and you are pretty close. gets my approval. But Im broke so wont be getting it

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th September, 2002, 11:56 PM

I played the multiplayer demo and didnt like it, maybe I need to play it on a dcent server, anyone suggest a decent server to play the demo on??
Old 25th September, 2002, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by loop
I played the multiplayer demo and didnt like it, maybe I need to play it on a dcent server, anyone suggest a decent server to play the demo on??
The demos netcode just plain sucks, full version is much better
Old 27th September, 2002, 06:00 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via ICQ to R0BB23 Send a message via AIM to R0BB23 Send a message via MSN to R0BB23 Send a message via Yahoo to R0BB23

The game it self is one of the greats, at bare min. its revolutionary which might led to greats that just improve what theyve done.

But ea needs to get there heads out of there asses and fix some of the tech problems a lot of ppl are having.

and dam man, it requires a lot of ram.

for us comp junkies thats not much of a problem. But for the weekend warrior thats a problem

"Opinions are like kittens, I'm giving them away."
-Modest Mouse
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th September, 2002, 12:10 AM
Banned

I thinking of buying this tonight at best buy, will bring it to the OC.com gathering tomorrow in Mass. and try it then...

I haven't been impressed enough with UT2K3 to buy it, frankly... this looks better and maybe this is the type of distraction game I really need... Wolfenstein bored me rather quickly, this seems to have a bit more depth... almost like Medal of Honor, another game I lost interest in rather quickly... okay, VERY quickly, as I only completed the training sequence and uninstalled it

Here's to $50 I'll never have again!
Old 28th September, 2002, 02:33 AM
Banned

I now have it. Gonna do some PC maintenance (defrag, uninstall worthless appz) tonight, will savour this for tomorrow with the boys...
Old 28th September, 2002, 09:33 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Anyone fancy forming an AOA clan for it? Im game if you guys are, bear in mind i dont have it yet, due to lack of cash, but I plan to buy it ASAP

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 29th September, 2002, 09:51 AM
Banned

I likes

Played some last night, graphics are top notch, game play very realistic...