AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   GAMES! OH YEAH! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/33-games-oh-yeah/)
-   -   I am going to buy a ... next (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/games-oh-yeah/1201-i-am-going-to-buy-next.html)

SEiZe 12th November, 2001 05:31 PM

I am going to buy a ... next

What type of gaming console system are you going to buy next?
PS2, Gamecube, XBox, PSone, N64, Dreamcast or Atari 2600 ?

Pinky 12th November, 2001 06:29 PM

None... I don't care my friends can't play games if they're over, it gives them motivation to either buy a PC or upgrade the crappy one they have...

SJAXKINGPIN 13th November, 2001 02:55 AM

This poll sounds familiar. I've got cash set aside in case I decide to jump on the M$ bandwagon. Their goal is to ruin PC gaming. I'm trying to decide if they can do it or not. If they can, I guess I'll have to give them my pieces of gold for admission.

surlyjoe 13th November, 2001 03:00 AM

I personally dont play consoles cuase I dont like controllers.
And as for the kids, If they wanna play video games in my house, they have to learn how to use the PC while they do it! I think games are great, but theres too many kids that play video games all day and cant even print someting on the PC! I'm all for geekdom, but your carreer chioces are pretty limited as a PS2 operator :P

SJAXKINGPIN 13th November, 2001 03:09 AM

I don't know many people who play games looking for career advancement. Nor do I know of these children who can use a console and not a CPU. I just hope there are PC games in two years, now that M$ has decided to take on the PC for the world of gaming. There will be only one survivor. Devs hate to design for multiple systems. (though they're pretty similar) M$ is also doing everything it can to make sure that the new, big-budget releases never see the PC. If we, as PC gamers can prevail, great, but I don't have a bottomless checkbook (unless you're talking balances) and M$ does.

SteveI 13th November, 2001 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by surlyjoe
I personally dont play consoles cuase I dont like controllers.
And as for the kids, If they wanna play video games in my house, they have to learn how to use the PC while they do it! I think games are great, but theres too many kids that play video games all day and cant even print someting on the PC! I'm all for geekdom, but your carreer chioces are pretty limited as a PS2 operator :P

ditto!
My kids already have an N64.. I wanna throw it in the garbage. I had my kids fooled for 2 years letting them play educational games on the PC, and THEY HAD LOTS OF FUN TOO!!! Now, my son (7) only plays the learning games a couple of times a week, and hours a day on N64. And yeah, I was hooked on atari as a kid, so I've been patient with it. At least on a PC he was starting to learn to type a little.... At least his PC is folding 24/7. Are there any educational games that teach programming???

Me, I'm happy playing games on the PC, no interest in consoles... I hate those controllers, too.

SJAXKINGPIN 13th November, 2001 04:26 AM

The controllers suck. There's now way around that. I differentiate Education and Entertainment however. If all your entertainment is education, when do you EVER have any FUN. :p

mrpcman 13th November, 2001 04:48 AM

did you check my thread out in the general forum?