AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   GAMES! OH YEAH! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/33-games-oh-yeah/)
-   -   Favourites and hopefuls (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/games-oh-yeah/15368-favourites-and-hopefuls.html)

Betty 3rd March, 2003 04:29 PM

Favourites and hopefuls

Please post your favourite games and games you would like to try out.
We are currently trying to expand our game demo files on AOA Files .

A description of the game or link would be much appreciated.

loop 3rd March, 2003 09:35 PM

My favourite games are:-
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament
Tactical Ops [Unreal Tournament Mod]
Counter Strike [Half-Life Mod]
Day Of Defeat [Half-Life Mod]

Daniel ~ 3rd March, 2003 11:20 PM

Unreal Tournament

piccoLEW 4th March, 2003 12:40 AM

mine are:

Earth and Beyond
Quake2 :gloom (although i use SulQ2 now, a modified q2)
CnC Renegade
RA2 Yuri's revenge (network)
CnC Tiberian Sun + Firestorm (network)
solitaire
minesweeper :D
Team Fortress Classic [Half Life Mod]

turbo dan 4th March, 2003 03:26 AM

Mine favorites are:
Quake III and Team Arena
Half Life and pretty much all the mods for it
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Unreal Tournament 2003
Live for Speed (very good when played with a wheel)

The Splinter Cell Demo is good. I may buy it.

The demo I've been playing a lot of and plan on buying when it's out is Freelancer.

Betty 4th March, 2003 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by piccoLEW
mine are:

Earth and Beyond
Quake2 :gloom (although i use SulQ2 now, a modified q2)
CnC Renegade
RA2 Yuri's revenge (network)
CnC Tiberian Sun + Firestorm (network)
solitaire
minesweeper :D
Team Fortress Classic [Half Life Mod]

LOL! Know where I can find some good demo's of solitaire & minesweeper? :-D

good info guys! keep it comin!

Lovechild 4th April, 2003 10:24 AM

How could you guys miss xBill ?

it's about as good as waste of time come..

Also, Civilization kinda rubs me the right way, especially freeciv (I haven't tried Civ3 yet - no linux client)

oh and my gf votes for pySol (solitare collection written in python - awesome timewaster for her)

SadisticWarrior 4th April, 2003 02:23 PM

The last few weeks all I have played is

1) Delta Force Task Force Dagger (I like all the Delta games)

2) Unreal 2 The Awakening (Not so sure I really like this one)

I usually play a lot of Q3, Q2, Half Life, MoHAA, SOF 2 and some UT

Maelstrom2160 6th April, 2003 09:31 PM

[these are what im playin atm]

Soldier Of Fortune 2, good 3d shooter a fun play, there isnt too many q3 nade/rpg servers on there either or too many aimbotters, but if ur a "player" thats a u'uhm q3 pro there's servers for u aswell.
multiplayer demo @
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/soldierfortune2/

Morrowind+Tribunnal, this will show ur OC off, probably one of the best single player rpg's of all time aslong as u make it challenging for urself and dont take advantage of easy ways to level urself up and the overpowerful weopons on offer, 5 years to create the story and the game suposedly, it has a good complex story and a long play, play it dont read what the story's about http://www.elderscrolls.com, no demos for that

GTA3, was'nt to keen on gta but i saw the vice city advert it reminded me 70's scarface feeling, as it aint out on pc yet some bloke in chat said check this instead, pretty cool game

Age Of Mythology, i kinda find the crap surounding mythology intresting but hated the thought that Age Of Empires 2 (without the "players" who just used siege weopons) was gunna get corupted with mythical units, but its alot better ballanced than AOE2, and more likeable than warcraft3 with the exception of grom hellscreem and some of the custom maps

UT2k3, instagib and UT instagib (even though i aint played UT in ages, and hardly play UT2k3 :P) still the'll be loads of good mods for this tidy little engine

Counterstrike, still a half decent game, kinda fading away now though

GOTTA check out the new MMORPG'S thats are coming out soon, cant remember their names but i know there's aload of BIG good ones coming soon

[old timers and good games ive enjoyed, of few of my fav's] in no order of prefrence

total war (medieval/shogun) :D

syndicate classic

xcom terror from the deep

monkey island 1/2

under a killing moon

diablo/diablo2+lod, HC (before bnet let things get outa hand and i held my place as one of the top HC euro ladder players)

mechwarrior 3

age of empires 2

starcraft

homeworld

bloodstone :thumbsup:

half life

braveheart

aquanox

neverwinter nights

descent

quake 1

thief2

toca2

grand prix 2

civ3 :D

and others

robbie 6th April, 2003 09:38 PM

DOD Day of Defeat. Is growing some popularity.
Rob

cloasters 27th April, 2003 06:56 PM

So Serious Sam was all hype?

cloasters 4th May, 2003 09:29 PM

Was Black and White all hype?

Postaldave 5th May, 2003 12:24 AM

Its all about the DoD baby (Day of Defeat)

that game just got a complete revamp...as most of you already know

and it was just picked up by valve and activision

it spanks the pants off MoH (Medal of Honor)

Postal

piccoLEW 5th May, 2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cloasters
pretty much :(

i had it v. soon after it came out..

got bored easily enuff.. tiss a good game tho, i never played it online.. so it mught be much better than i think :)

Allan 5th May, 2003 07:51 AM

Quote:

I used to work as a game tester for a local newspaper back in the day, and this was one of the games I got to try out.

Nice graphics for the time, interesting gameplay... but... something was missing. It wasn't really that FUN after a while. And whats in a game if it isn't fun? :rolleyes:

The "monster" you control would eventually go on a killing spree eating some village people (no pun intended), and you could spank it to let it know it had been bad... and it would soon do the same all over.

BigRed 5th May, 2003 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Allan
The "monster" you control would eventually go on a killing spree eating some village people (no pun intended), and you could spank it to let it know it had been bad... and it would soon do the same all over.
Theres a mistake almost everyone made with the game. Instead of giving the monster a light tap like your supposed to do, they pummel it to death with the god hand. But that just turns the monster evil.

Allan 5th May, 2003 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BigRed

Theres a mistake almost everyone made with the game. Instead of giving the monster a light tap like your supposed to do, they pummel it to death with the god hand. But that just turns the monster evil.

I tried that approach many times, to no avail... I had read somewhere that I wasn't supposed to slap it too much (although it was fun), but it didn't help. I tried on both the monkey and the tiger. Never tried the cow though. :p

Oh, the above sounds a bit peculiar if you haven't ever played the game. If you have, you'll know exactly what it means! :thumbsup:

Nate-X 8th May, 2003 06:47 PM

My pets were always good but I always had the red clawed hand :( It's like a complete pain to be a good god in that game =/. Can't wait til B&W2 comes out.. it looks pretty cool.

battlefield 1942 is a pretty fun game :)

Staz 8th May, 2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

So Serious Sam was all hype?
No Way
Serious Sam was totally cool. Pure nonsense fun. Kill kill kill. There is a part in the end where 112 monstors attack you all at once. If you liked Doom the you will like Serious Sam 1&2. And the price was right.

Mad old tory 2nd June, 2003 09:23 AM

Simple GTA3 and GTA: Vice City
Oh and UT2003, halflife are both good hopefully hl2 wont jus be hype!!