AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   GAMES! OH YEAH! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/33-games-oh-yeah/)
-   -   how many mice? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/games-oh-yeah/19105-how-many-mice.html)

Matt McFaul 3rd July, 2003 01:41 AM

how many mice?

How many mice do you go through in a month???? Has anyone noticed a lag that developes and seems almost like a warming up effect with the explorer? and finally does anyone know where you can buy replacement feet? Got the wax but geesh that stuff doesnt last long! :rolleyes:

cloasters 3rd July, 2003 03:02 AM

Sheesh, mine last for years. Can you tell that I'm not a gamerholic?

piccoLEW 3rd July, 2003 03:51 AM

i still have mine in use :eek: i dont think i been playing enough games :(

Matt McFaul 3rd July, 2003 03:58 AM

hmm,

maybe its just me then....I take really good care of them, I clean them daily and wax the feet with mouse wax and I use the smoother side of a func surface 1030. Even still my mouse feet ussually only last about a month and then I notice definate lag in the response of the buttons. Maybe I am just to tense when Im playing...I only really play ut2k3 instagib online but I do play for many hours of intense play at a time.

Daniel ~ 3rd July, 2003 06:18 AM

I use a trackball, lasts and lasts and lasts.

Matt McFaul 3rd July, 2003 07:12 AM

track ball?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
I use a trackball, lasts and lasts and lasts.

you do first person shooters with a track ball?

piccoLEW 3rd July, 2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt McFaul
you do first person shooters with a track ball?

i used to before i got my own computer, i had a lovely gimmick for tfc ;)

the incredible helicopter-like solly. used to rocket-jump up, and spin that wheel. Its also good for the "jump" mod for quake 2. some jumps require long distances, and can only be completed if you do a spin in the air, not impossible on a normal mouse, but a dam sight easier to pull off with a trackball.

as for the feet on your mouse i am assuming you are using an optical mouse :confused: I use one of them as well, but i also still use a mousemat, the feet on my mouse are fine :)

Matt McFaul 3rd July, 2003 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piccoLEW
i used to before i got my own computer, i had a lovely gimmick for tfc ;)

the incredible helicopter-like solly. used to rocket-jump up, and spin that wheel. Its also good for the "jump" mod for quake 2. some jumps require long distances, and can only be completed if you do a spin in the air, not impossible on a normal mouse, but a dam sight easier to pull off with a trackball.

as for the feet on your mouse i am assuming you are using an optical mouse :confused: I use one of them as well, but i also still use a mousemat, the feet on my mouse are fine :)

I do find myself lifting the mouse often too...then I guess I ussually do it so fast that its a good amount of impact when I place it back down....ah dang....was just thinking that this mouse thing is driving me nutts. Newegg sells them bulk so I was just going to preorder some for reserve but finding out what bad habit is causing such excessive wear would be a lot cheaper!
I switched to a different mouse last night cause I ran out of microsoft and I must add that the mx500 and mx700 are highly overrated. I did okay but nowhere near my normal frag count. Had to change my name to mouse tester......hehe :(

piccoLEW 3rd July, 2003 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my mousemat :)

Daniel ~ 3rd July, 2003 07:00 PM

Joystick and Trackball":O}

Matt McFaul 3rd July, 2003 07:25 PM

dangit,

Quote:

Joystick and Trackball":O}

I wish I could drive up there this month just to see that??? I use the thrustmast tactical for my left hand cause My hands are big.....but I never thought of trying a trackball....has the technology changed much or is that something you would just have to get used to? Are alot of people doing that?

Daniel ~ 3rd July, 2003 08:47 PM

I hated it at first! But Unreal II forced it on me! Now I have seen the light! Much easier to aim, much more precise and I can turn fast as lightning. The only real problem is when I panic, over spin the ball and end up not knowing in which direction I'm facing or if it's up or down. Note to self, "Don't panic Daniel ~!"

Matt McFaul 3rd July, 2003 11:08 PM

Quote:

I hated it at first! But Unreal II forced it on me! Now I have seen the light! Much easier to aim, much more precise and I can turn fast as lightning. The only real problem is when I panic, over spin the ball and end up not knowing in which direction I'm facing or if it's up or down. Note to self, "Don't panic Daniel ~!"

thats true, I suppose It couldnt hurt to try it on some single player stuff....damn you if you just furthered my addiction! ;)

Daniel ~ 3rd July, 2003 11:28 PM

I warn it DOES take some getting use to! LOL

For me that just means I get some pretty good adrenalin rushes in old games":O}

piccoLEW 4th July, 2003 12:12 AM

Quote:

I warn it DOES take some getting use to! LOL

For me that just means I get some pretty good adrenalin rushes in old games":O}

quake2 is old get that! yes yes and and get the latest sulq2 or something, then get gloom! thats asold as 1998 :D and i'll see you lata ;)

connect onecall.ip.planetgloom.com

gloom is also coming to quake3

Daniel ~ 4th July, 2003 01:40 AM

I'll never part with my copies of Quake I or II ":O}

Matt McFaul 4th July, 2003 02:10 AM

ut2k3

have you guys tried ut2k3 instagib??? its fast and furious!!!! Been doing that for 7 months now and really good groups of people (mature) in the west coast servers! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 2 thumbs up!!

SadisticWarrior 4th July, 2003 02:31 AM

I'm right there with you Daniel, I'll never give up Quake. I have all of them 1,2 and 3 with all the addons and more maps than should be legal. My only complaint with XP is Q1 will not install. So I put it on my sons 98 system then just ask if I can use his sys.

As far as how long does my mouse last? I ware out the left button about every 10 to 12 months.

SW

piccoLEW 4th July, 2003 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadisticWarrior
I'm right there with you Daniel, I'll never give up Quake. I have all of them 1,2 and 3 with all the addons and more maps than should be legal. My only complaint with XP is Q1 will not install. So I put it on my sons 98 system then just ask if I can use his sys.

As far as how long does my mouse last? I ware out the left button about every 10 to 12 months.

SW

cant you just install quake on the 98, then burn the quake folder to a cd, and copy it to the xp machine?

Daniel ~ 4th July, 2003 04:06 AM

Q II will install for me, but none of the add on's.. But I never looked around for support or a work around for 2000 Pro, there's bound to be something out there.