AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th November, 2002, 05:17 PM

Unhappy Nero Player

I have finished rebuild of computer: Abit ST6, Celeron 1.3, Maxtor Quiet Plus 40 gig, XP Home. I have a Mat****a DVD/CD ROM, and just installed a new Liteon 48x12x48 CDRW (as master, DVD as slave). It came with Nero 5.5. I installed the Nero burn and Nero player software, but not the Nero drivers. I also have the MS Media player installed. When I play a CD in the Liteon or DVD with the Nero player, after a song or two, the player hangs with the following error message: Digital Audio Extraction Error
Do you want to save logh file? Yes No

The whole screen freezes up, but if I right click on the Nero player icon in the task bar, and click on close, after a few seconds it will close, and the computer unfreezes.

I can play a CD in the MS Media player with no problem.

Do I need to uninstall the MS drivers for the Liteon unit and install the drivers on the Nero CD? Help! Grrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 6th November, 2002, 03:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to unclemojo

I've run into several problems along the way with Nero. I would start by uninstalling it, and removing all the Nero and Ahead references in the registry. Reboot then reinstall only the Nero Burning ROM software, none of the add on stuff. Once you get that done, do a web update of the proggy. They've been pooping out versions like nVidia has drivers. Try that and let us know if it works.
Old 6th November, 2002, 03:17 PM

Nero player

I figured I would just use the MS Media player as my default player, and I downloaded the latest Nero update for the burner. Thanks for the advice.
Old 6th November, 2002, 04:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to unclemojo

No problem. At least you're not struggling against the EZ CD Creator bugfest... that software is a MESS~!