AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th March, 2003, 05:17 PM

Want more Spark from your Sparkle?

Is your 5v rail a tad low? I found this article that outlines how to tweak you +5v (and +12V and +3.3V ...they are all controlled by the same pot here) line to get a good solid +5v when overclocked.

now comes the all too familiar standard disclaimer:

PERFORMING THIS MOD MAY RESULT IN ELECTROCUTION. IT MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT DAMAGE TO YOUR PC, INCLUDING THE MOTHERBOARD, PSU, CPU, MEMORY, VIDEO CARD, ETC. THIS MOD MAY TRIGGER PREMATURE BALDNESS, OR TEMPORARY BLINDNESS. IF IT IS SUCCESSFUL, (AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS!) IT MAY CAUSE USER TO CONTINUE TO MODIFY EVERY PIECE OR ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT HE/SHE CAN FIND. IF NOT SUCCESSFUL, TAKE 3 ASPIRIN AND GO TO BED.

I don't know if you feel better, but I do!

But seriously, this is dodgy stuff here but if done correctly can yield wonderful results. Not for the foolish or slippery fingered, ok? Nuff said.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th March, 2003, 03:50 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Not for the faint hearted. Literally!

Thanks for the link, Uncle Bob.
Old 19th March, 2003, 04:37 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

FYI

The "other" pot is probably a "fine" adjustment pot. For dialing in the voltage right were ya need it.
$.02
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th March, 2003, 08:25 PM

It's actually for the -v rail if I'm not mistaken.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Old 20th March, 2003, 02:30 PM

i onlyhave one pot in mine.

Although my votlages are all within 0.2v with a multimeter so I dont see any point in modding my 400watt

Best of luck in the future all my friends.