AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th December, 2001, 11:52 PM

Angry Turning on an ATX psu.

I have an ATX power supply I want to turn on that is not hooked up to a motherborad, all the information I can find leads me to believe that I need to use a 'TTL' circuit. If this is untrue, how else can I turn on the supply? If it is true, does anyone know where I could buy one or get a schematic / instructions on how to build one? I am looking for a permanent solution; I read one site that suggested connecting PS_ON# and a common pin, but it also said this could damage the power supply if done often.

Thanks for your time,
SF
Old 12th December, 2001, 02:09 AM

You can find information here:
http://www.virtual-hideout.net/guide...ds/index.shtml

Just for testing fans or power supply, I jumper the green wire to a black wire at atx connector. You need a fan connected to a molex for power supply to work, install jumper before plugging in power supply.
Old 13th December, 2001, 01:32 PM
Banned

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Winkie Send a message via AIM to Winkie Send a message via Yahoo to Winkie

I just stick my pliers into 2 pins, works perfectly fine for me, always has!
Old 13th December, 2001, 08:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

I use a paper clip.
Old 13th December, 2001, 08:06 PM
Banned

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Winkie Send a message via AIM to Winkie Send a message via Yahoo to Winkie

actually I lie, one of my psus currently has a bit of cat5 in it :-D

I couldnt find anything and saw these twisted pair offcuts on my desk, hey! they work ok!