AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd June, 2004, 12:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Soul99

ATI X800Pro to X800XT mod.

Dont know if anyone here has seen threads on other forums but there is news of a mod that allows the X800Pro 12 pipeline card to be modded into a full X800XT 16 pipeline card.

To do this mod there are 4 gold contact pipes near the GPU like the ones on Athlon CPU's. 2 of the contact point must be scraped to reveal fresh copper and then connected using conductive paint.

Varying results of success with 3 confirmed saphire cards being modded and working articfat free but allot of people who are unable to get it working.

core clocks are from 475mhz standard with some people achiving 600mhz overclocked.

My local store will be stocking the saphire cards in 9 days time and if i can free up enough money on my credit card i'm getting one. £299

Gonna look into voltage modding it as well and improoving the cooling, i might get one of my old waterblocks out of my bits box and water cool it.

I need to get some more performance out my PC cus farcry isn't running fast enough for my tastes!

Got my current 9700 Pro running at 415 core and 345 mem.

I'f i actually go through with this i'll take photos of the mod and document it for the forum
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd June, 2004, 12:51 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul99
I'f i actually go through with this i'll take photos of the mod and document it for the forum
Please do. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would be interested in it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th June, 2004, 06:17 AM

Ide be interested but not in doing it if i had th emoney i woldnet be cutting it up. -Straight to my computer but then i would need a second monetor.
Old 11th June, 2004, 09:15 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Someone had spent some time figuring out which revisions of the silicon could be unlocked this way. From what little I now remember, it was the earlier versions that were unlockable. Later versions seemed to fail when they were unlocked.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found this information, nor how accurate it is.