AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th November, 2004, 02:15 PM
AOA Staff

MX1000 Laser Mouse Review

I've reviewed the new Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse.

You can read the review here:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/i...=168&Itemid=34
Old 6th November, 2004, 03:23 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Nice looking mouse, Danrok. What part of the spectrum does it use for communications? Do you know?

What I'm wondering is if it would interfere with my cordless phone or wireless network in any fashion?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November, 2004, 03:48 PM
AOA Staff

I can't find that information anywhere. But, I haven't had any interference problems with Logitech cordless kit, myself.
Old 6th November, 2004, 03:51 PM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Im glad you did a reveiw on this Danrok, i was seriously concidering it myself, What sort of battery life are you getting from it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November, 2004, 03:55 PM
AOA Staff

I charged it up once when I first got it 4 days ago. I've still got 2 out of 3 green lights showing on the battery indicator and I have been at home this week and using the mouse all day. I'm going to let it run flat to see how long it takes. It only takes about an hour to charge from flat.
Old 6th November, 2004, 04:00 PM

Cool, this thing gets better by the day. What are your thoughts on the "20 times the tracking power" is it noticeably more accurate or what???
Old 6th November, 2004, 04:34 PM
AOA Staff

It's hard to say with no way of measuring it.

But, the fact it moves so freely on the pad must help with accuracy. I can draw reasonably well free-hand with it and a mouse is not a easy device to use for drawing.
Old 6th November, 2004, 06:13 PM

Oh well, you havent said anything bad about it so im gonna order one now, where sis you get you Dan? Overclockers?
Old 6th November, 2004, 07:10 PM
Member/Contributer

Are they going to be doing a tailed version of this?

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 6th November, 2004, 07:47 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorfish
Oh well, you havent said anything bad about it so im gonna order one now, where sis you get you Dan? Overclockers?
You won't be disappointed!

If you want the black one be careful when ordering - it's not so widely available. Most etailers have them now, but mainly the blue version.
Old 6th November, 2004, 07:49 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
Are they going to be doing a tailed version of this?
I don't know. Why don't you want a cordless one?
Old 6th November, 2004, 08:05 PM
Member/Contributer

I'd loose it, it would be cheaper, I have an ati remote for remote controlling it and I sit close enough to my pc for a wire to not be a problem

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 6th November, 2004, 08:16 PM
AOA Staff

I prefer cordless because there's no cable to get tangled up with all the other clutter on my desk. I have to sit close, otherwise I can't read the screen.
Old 6th November, 2004, 09:03 PM

What happens at lanpartys? you know when about 10 people are all using the same mouse? do they use different frequencies?
Old 6th November, 2004, 09:18 PM
AOA Staff

I've never been to a LAN. Maybe, someone else knows the answer.
Old 6th November, 2004, 09:21 PM
Member/Contributer

Also cordless mice are far heavier than their tailed counterparts. Thats my main gripe. I use a MS 5 button Intellimouse and it is really light to use. How heavy is this one Danrok compared to a decent tailed optical mouse?

Laz.

AOA Team fah
Old 6th November, 2004, 09:27 PM
AOA Staff

You can work out the weight difference if out take out the Li-ion battery from a mobile phone and compare it to the weight of 2 AA batteries. There's a very noticeable difference between the two.

I would say it is still heavier than a corded mouse, but not by much.
Old 6th November, 2004, 09:35 PM
AOA Staff

I bought one, but it didn't work out for shooter games, it has a funny lag when you pick it up and put it back down it takes a second to start responding again. I treded it back for an mx510 and that is working great
Old 6th November, 2004, 09:39 PM
AOA Staff

I'm not having that problem here, but those who have had issues found that using the PS2 adaptor cured their problems.

Might be a different version you had, i.e. US?
Old 6th November, 2004, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

I think that mouse is great, my friend picked it up a week or two ago. However, if I was going to pay that sort of money for a mouse I'd want a bluetooth mouse. Then there wouldn't be anything to attach to my computer (built-in bluetooth) and the LAN problems that people mentioned earlier would be nonexistant.