AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th November, 2004, 10:54 PM

Talking Need a little bit of help with reseller

Hey, if anyone could point me in the general direction of a fairly priced fairly dependable reseller service than I would be much obliged. Thanks in advance.

(I couldn't think of where to put this post so I just stuck it here)
Old 10th November, 2004, 10:59 PM
AOA Staff

What do you want to buy, hardware?

Which country are you in?
Old 10th November, 2004, 11:29 PM

Haha I completely forgot to say what I wanted

Hosting reseller. My bad
Old 10th November, 2004, 11:52 PM

Hosting resller, as in you want to buy a domain and have them host it or you want to host it? I host my own, so I can't really give a good hosting company.
Old 11th November, 2004, 05:01 AM

Buy server space on another website so I don't have to deal with upkeep and "resell" it, thus the name.

(Because this smily isn't used nearly enough)
Old 11th November, 2004, 05:04 AM

Are you gonna be one of those people that buy a domain for $10 and then resell it for thousands? Not a bad deal considering I know tons of morons that can't think up an original idea so they're willing to pay. Actually thought of it myself. Not bad returns and they say a sucker's born every minute!
Old 11th November, 2004, 07:36 AM

Not domains, hosting space. Like the physical space not the name itself. And just really to friends and peers and stuff you know...
Old 11th November, 2004, 01:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Con

I think you'd be best off doing your own research.

Choosing a hosting company is a critical decision, especially if you are going to enter a contract.

If I were you I'd round up a list of the top 15 or so companys that are within your price range, and ask the users what they think of the service

Constant downtime etc will really get on yer tits if you get a crappy host.
Old 11th November, 2004, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con
Constant downtime etc will really get on yer tits if you get a crappy host.
Eloquently put! Anyway, I don't know of any hosts. Con, you know any to help him get the list started?
Old 12th November, 2004, 12:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to Con

The list is endless, there really is no point in me trying to suggest any one company. Just go and do some searches, it'll take you a few hours, maybe several but will be worth it.

I don't do eloquent. :P
Old 13th November, 2004, 07:50 PM
Member/Contributer

Start looking here .

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!