AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd February, 2005, 02:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

Identify model of Abit motherboard?

Someone gave me a motherboard awhile back and now im trying to find out exactly what it is and techinical information so i can see if my existing hardware will go with it and if its any good in general.

The package it came in was an Abit box that doesnt specify anything but the name Abit lmao. So im kinda stuck on which model i have providing it is an abit mobo. Is there something i should be looking for on it?
Old 2nd February, 2005, 02:29 PM
Member/Contributer

it will usually have the make and model written on the pcb it's self, either along the bottom or just above the agp port

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2005, 03:01 PM
Banned

I can't seem to find it im gonna put a pic of it. Wont be good quality though its night time so not very good light and crappy web cam.

EDIT: The proc actually on their seems to be a 433mhz Celeron and as you can see there's also one of those chunky slot 1 things for another cpu. Has 4 PCI Slots, 1 ISA and 1 AGP. Also looks to have an Intel Chipset.
Old 2nd February, 2005, 04:33 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Wow, looks like circa 1999 or so.... Ancient history .
Slot 1 combo.... I suspect the celeron on there is close to the max for the board... If you wanted the fastest cpu possible, It could be the old P3 550 for the slot1, klamath I think....Depending on the chipset, BX is the best you can hope for.

I recall for this type of board, the socket was only made for celeron PPGA, before intel starting used FCPGA, so the max fsb using the socket would only be 66mhz.

What are your plans for it? Before you do any work, do a close visual of the board. Look for any bulging or leaking caps. If you have anything looking suspicious, dump it... not worth the work to repair.
Old 2nd February, 2005, 04:42 PM
Member/Contributer

is it not written underneath the isa slot?
I remember reading a review of a board with slot 1 and s370 a hwile back, was a 440bx if I remember correctly, max fsb for these was 100, though a few would work at 133mhz fsb, the agp bus would be overclocked to 89mhz, something a tnt2/geforce era card could handle, weather a newer card would I can't say.
if your pIII is fc-pga it won't work without a neo s370 adapter or slocket though

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2005, 05:01 PM
Banned

Well it doesn't look to usefull i think some modding and removal has been done to it not sure about the state of the processor though i got nothing to test it on so it's probably useless to me.

May aswell chuck it out i suppose it'll sure help clean the clutter out of my room i still got a board with 133mhz pentium lying around somewhere. Has 4 sticks of that real old ram 8mb each lol.
Old 2nd February, 2005, 05:11 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

If you are going to chuck it I will gladly take it off your hands. Just figure out hom much it cost to ship it. I have a project in mind that need a dead (or useless) mobo.http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/attac...achmentid=7911

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Old 3rd February, 2005, 03:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

lol
Old 3rd February, 2005, 03:16 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Staz, I have a dead ABit IC7-MAX3. Such a shame, it's the best 478 board around.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 3rd February, 2005, 03:17 AM
AOA Staff

there werent too many slot/socket combo boards, ecs/pc chips pine and fic come to mind. in their quest for omnificance, they were usually 100 fsb boards with every V-core known to man and were faily easy to overclock as everything was budget "jumper" style. look for any mubers that may tip you off. there a site with pics of all the old boards too. I think its motherboards.org
Old 3rd February, 2005, 04:01 AM
Banned

The only thing i have been able to idnetify is its clock generator.

ICS 9248DF - 39
Old 3rd February, 2005, 04:42 AM
AOA Staff

http://www.motherboards.org/tools/moboidtools.html
Old 3rd February, 2005, 06:29 AM
Banned

But i don't know the bios string id or part number for the mobo. Iv'e tried every model type number i could find on the board.
Old 3rd February, 2005, 04:25 PM

CHesso look on that board and see if there is a string of text anywhere that starts out with FCC or FCCID, the numbers and letters following would be the FCC ID number and given that you can determine the board model

AOA Team fah