AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st February, 2005, 05:49 AM

Any1 know if this mobo is any good?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...127-196&depa=1 well ive been waiting for a good nf4 ult mobo and this 1 seems to be a good choice...plz post reviews
Old 21st February, 2005, 12:27 PM

i would go for new DFI nforce4
Old 21st February, 2005, 12:51 PM
Member/Contributer

Wait for the new Epox SLI board!

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st February, 2005, 02:31 PM
Member/Contributer

I wouldn't go for an abit board beauce of all the tacky bits of fans they stick on them, with good case air cooling you don't need it.
newegg have the dfi nf4u board in stock

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st February, 2005, 03:35 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

The DFI has beein getting some very good reviews, most of the gear on the ABIT board is gimicky trash.

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Old 21st February, 2005, 08:13 PM
AOA Staff

while the Abits are adorned in cheap costume jewelry, they are still some of the most solid OC'n boards out there and they ain't $200 like those dang DFI's. the only thing that stock cooling is good for is display cases anyway.

oh wait that one is $200, but thats cause its got some stupid kids name on it..

err... Ok I'll shutup now
Old 22nd February, 2005, 07:27 AM

lazgoat thats what i would like but we r still waiting for there 939 (9npa+uitra) to come out well in uk that is

do any of u know3 whats the epox mobo sli going to be called plus is it true that u can't run with just one video card u must have 2 or the mobo r no good not to sure???

i'v got my case for my next big pc thinking around £1500 i would like the 64amd fx chips but just have to see how it go's really!!!!!

sabertooth 990FX
amd FX8350 @4.2ghz
16GB 1600mhz hyperX ram
AMD HD7970 3GB asus DCPC graphics
hyperX 120GB SSD
WD 320GB hard drive
1TB,500GB working over usb3
corsair HX850 psu
aerocool cyclone black case
window 8.1
asus monitor 24" 1920x1200 res.
Old 22nd February, 2005, 12:53 PM
Steve Jobs

I stand by my abit. uGuru is exceptional for both overclocking and monitoring. i always buy either EPoX, Abit, or MSI because they are almost the same. All no nonsense boards with great OC ability and rock solid. Abit always have both fancey and sans crap boards available, i buy the latter. their bells and whistles rubbish is now the F4T4L1TY range of boards. just for fun, go to their website and click in the fatality link to see a speech from fatality himself (well really its marketing rubbish he signed not his words) and a picture of fatality giving his scary look. *intimidating*
fatality is a 5 foot 7, 80 pound stick insect with a crooked frown. And hes meant to look like one bad, bad dude. bad enough to get mugged by an easter bunny :\.
fatality boards aside, their regular range dont have all the extra rubbish on them and generally perform exceptionally. Back in the nforce 2 era, it was a choice of two boards. The 8RDA series, or the NF7 series. All else was sub-par. As to which one? flip a coin.

If you want the extra fancey garbage, get an ASUS
onboard 802.11G, :\ and the funny thing is they advertise the feature "enhanced roaming ability"
yea, i have a prescott board running a prescott cpu, that im "roaming" with.
thats a *wardriving* machine if i ever sawed one.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 22nd February, 2005, 01:34 PM
Member/Contributer

Man I never realised how fickle the computer world had become

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 22nd February, 2005, 05:49 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

WHile the extra fans do seem a bit gimmicky, they are quite useful.

Since most if not all recent Abit mobos are taking a beating on the PWM (masive overclocking), there are some concerns about heat dissipation. The fans are strategically located to draw heat away from the PWM. Abit boards that do not have this feature tend to run hot. In my case, my AI7 can get to 70c quite easily. While the temp tolerance is high, why take chances when overclocking.

This board is not my first choice for 939, simply because I don't like paying so much, but it looks like a solid choice if it meets your needs.
Old 22nd February, 2005, 07:18 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasrob
do any of u know3 whats the epox mobo sli going to be called plus is it true that u can't run with just one video card u must have 2 or the mobo r no good not to sure???
This one?
http://www.epox.org/cms/index.php?op...=150&Itemid=41

I would have thought that it will run 1 or 2 graphics cards.
Old 23rd February, 2005, 02:44 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I stand by my abit. uGuru is exceptional for both overclocking and monitoring.
I'm also too partial to ABit.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 23rd February, 2005, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrok
This one?
http://www.epox.org/cms/index.php?op...=150&Itemid=41

I would have thought that it will run 1 or 2 graphics cards.

i would think so to but i heared it from some one that u must have 2 cards or the mobo would not work !!reason for it nvidia would make more money out of
it!!!

sabertooth 990FX
amd FX8350 @4.2ghz
16GB 1600mhz hyperX ram
AMD HD7970 3GB asus DCPC graphics
hyperX 120GB SSD
WD 320GB hard drive
1TB,500GB working over usb3
corsair HX850 psu
aerocool cyclone black case
window 8.1
asus monitor 24" 1920x1200 res.
Old 23rd February, 2005, 03:10 PM
Member/Contributer

Abit and Asus used to be THE overclocking motherboard makers back in the day, but now it's quite a level playing field

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah