AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd March, 2005, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Con

heh heh some people wont know if you're joking or not and to make a statement like that will wind someone up :P
Old 23rd March, 2005, 04:32 PM
Member/Contributer

The arctic cooling heatsink is just quite a good heatsink, and the fan that comes with it is very quiet

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=58511

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd March, 2005, 04:34 PM

Fair, looks like it has a beefy clip on it too
Old 23rd March, 2005, 04:43 PM

Red face

I jsut need a stable, reliable PC so the customer doesnt keep coming back to me with problems.... aint too bothered about how loud it is
Old 23rd March, 2005, 04:47 PM
Member/Contributer

Well arctic coolings ceramique bearing fans have a very very long lifetime, probably much better than on one of those cheap speeze things so theres little chance of the fan failing and cooking the cpu

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd March, 2005, 04:48 PM

Either will be fine, we are really picking nits here lol, but if you want to play it safe spend the extra £2 and get the fan Graham suggests.
Old 23rd March, 2005, 04:58 PM

I aint bothered about a fan that lasts ten years, i just dont want a system that breaks down straight away- that wood not be good news eh?
Old 23rd March, 2005, 05:11 PM

Yes we know all about that seriously though you might be better off with the other fan, looks like it has a much bigger clip. always avoid the "clip of death" where possible!
Old 23rd March, 2005, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con
Yes we know all about that seriously though you might be better off with the other fan, looks like it has a much bigger clip. always avoid the "clip of death" where possible!
Ur contradiciting urself now..... thought u said me choice wood be fine and clip on nicely?????
Old 23rd March, 2005, 05:34 PM

I've not used that fan, but if the reviews are good it won't be too difficult, but remember you've not done it before, so you need the easiest option possible.

Graham has used that cooler, and can vouch that it is a good one. I can see there is a bigger clip on the one he suggests you use, and that type of clip (from my experience of installing LOTS of cpu's) is much nicer.

Up to you at the end of the day man, take the advice or lump it I'm off home now - have fun at work
Old 23rd March, 2005, 07:55 PM
Member/Contributer

I've not used it but I know that they are good coolers, expecially for the price of them, and the clip will be easier than the speeze, the feedback on ebuyer seems to suggest that it's quite tough and needs a flat head screw driver.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah