AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd August, 2005, 03:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

Need to recover data from bad cd urgentlyish.

I posted a topic about having problems running GTA:SA in the games section but it seems i was wrong there is actually something wrong with the disc. There doesn't appear to be any visible scratches or anything that might cause problems but when trying to copy the data off the media onto my pc i ge a CRC(Cyclic Redundency Check) error.

Does anyone know some decent free software that might be able to get the data so i can back it up. Im not sure how this is going to work for a game that probably has copy protection or w/e they call it but first i need to atleast get the data off it.

I tryed IsoBuster and at around 75% it started to whinge so im hoping there isn't too much that is damaged or having problems. Im not exactly sure what CR is.
Old 3rd August, 2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to calgar Send a message via AIM to calgar Send a message via MSN to calgar Send a message via Yahoo to calgar

IIRC a CR error means that the CD is unrecoverable, looks like you will have to buy a new game, or just download the ISO from somwhere
Old 3rd August, 2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

Damn, i know what file it is too but it happens to be particularly large. I won't be able to d/l it now or atleast not until my dsl service get's put back on in a week or so. I might see if any of my friends have it.

I found the reason why the game wasn't running is because it could install it, but it must have ignored the CRC errors.