AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th November, 2005, 04:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Love hate relationship

hi all,
I have been extremely bored for the past 2 days. I was working on thursday so i didn't get on to the computer. Yesterday, i was hoping to have a bit of Wolf:ET. Now as a gamer, i tend to like caffeine, but personally, i'm not too keen on coffee. So, i had a cup of tea, i had a drink and went to place it at the side of my monitor so i could get back to fun. I accidently let go of it too early, i had placed it at the side of my monitor, but not enough. So yesterday was essentially ruined from about 4.30pm onwards. So today, i went to a local computer shop and found a wireless mouse and keyboard set (mouse has 1 button on each side as well as the traditional 3 buttons, including scroll). It's great. The keyboard is multimedia, like the now decesed one. The mouse is charging and has a palm rest, again, like the deceased one. It's made by a company called Trust. I'm not using their provided drivers as they're probably packed with spyware. The keyboard is very responsive and i can really lean back and relax, because it's wireless. I'm sat quite a distance from the screen as i'm typing this i should (hopefully) get better at gaming now because i can sit a good distance back and give my back full support. I just wish the mouse would hurry up and finish charging. ATM, i'm using the 'old' mouse i had before, i might continue using it, except for gaming.
But yeah, it's a good keyboard/mouse combo.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th November, 2005, 04:17 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

So you are recommending that I go out and tip tea all over my keyboard?

On a different note, I prefer wired mice, I always get a feeling of lag when I use wireless things, even as far as my wireless gamecube controller which I switched back for the original wired one.

Favu.

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th November, 2005, 04:22 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

What?!?!? No PIX?!?!?
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 12th November, 2005, 06:15 PM

Yep, no pix, sorry, It's the 305KS by trust though. The keyboard is black and the mouse is silver and black. It's quite chunky compared to my wired one but it's about the right size for me.

But the deceased keyboard, well that was weird. I kept trying it to see if it would work, if i pressed ANY 2 keys, it would make all the 'lock' keys light up at the same time and then go off, like it does during POST. Then when i dried it again, it wouldn't even do anything, except sit there and take up a large amount of desk space.

and no, i really don't suggest tipping any beverage, hot or cold, over anything electrical, especially keyboards or mice.

Old 12th November, 2005, 06:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

I agree with Favu. I cannot stand Wireless mice.

A. They're bigger and heavier because they require batteries.
B. I always get a feeling of slow response and lag when using them.
C. They come with a little hub with a wire attached to it anyways so I don't get why it would save all that much extra cords from being there, plus I don't see why anyone would really want to sit far enough away so a wire won't reach. If I'm that far away I won't be able to read what's on the monitor.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Old 12th November, 2005, 07:33 PM

I wont used wireless keyboards, for two good reasons.
I've had 2 MX700 duo's go out on me, both wireless.
Now a wireless mouse, I love, I have nothing for lag IMHO,
and I remedy the physical weight of the mouse itself by
turning up the sensitivity when im playing FPS games.
However I still wont touch keyboards anymore.

Good pickup, glad your happy, now what brand is that?
Old 12th November, 2005, 07:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Wireless mouse? Sheeit, I don't buy USB keyboards or mice anymore. You can go only so far when installing Swindows without a PS2 mouse, there comes a point when tabbing and space-barring isn't good enough.
Old 12th November, 2005, 07:53 PM

The actual receiver/sender unit is PS2 and it uses up both ports. The keyboard is responsive, even in wolf:ET and similar. It's fun becase i can now eat my dinner and be able to play wolf:ET without having to sit at the computer. I may end up buying a proper gaming mouse though, possibly the razorback (think that's the name). There's definately at least one thing better about wireless keyboards, security. If you don't want people seeing you type your password, simple, move the keyboard away. And i can even stop people using it by moving the keyboard when i'm not there.
But, when the mouse has finished charging, i'll let you know if it's laggy or not.

Sorry if i didn't mention seperah, it's by a company called Trust.

Old 15th November, 2005, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile69
I agree with Favu. I cannot stand Wireless mice.
Thats why I spent all the extra on a G7 it has no lag. Plus I do have to have the mouse about 10 feet from the computer.
4-4-4-12
160GB
256 MB 6800GT 413/1102
Main Rig
AMD 4000+ 2772 MHz w/ DFI SLI DR
2GB Corsair XMS (with LED's of course)@ 2.5-3-2-11 @ 240MHz
250GB HDD SATA2
Xfi-64MB X-Ram
WMCE
7800GTX OC-516(+40Mhz Delta clock)/1300
AOA Team fah
"The motherboard installation section essentially said "refer to motherboard manual for installation instructions". My motherboard manual of course said "refer to case manual for further installation instructions"."