AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th February, 2006, 03:43 PM

Question RAID setup???

Hello everyone.

I have just built my p.c and am having problems setting up a RAID 0 (striping)config.
All the parameters in the BIOS are correct (HDD's are recognised).
I press F10 to set up an NVRAID setup but the problem is that i cant seem to be able to get my set-up to be bootable. It always says (boot N/A).
I have two identicle drives (150GB SATA Raptors) connected to sata 1 and 2. (dont know if i should have put jumpers on them though)?

Please, please help!! if i had hair i would be pulling it out!
Old 25th February, 2006, 03:49 PM

I have also read Aidan's article on (installing XP using nVRAID) 05 march 2005 which was a great help.
Old 25th February, 2006, 04:05 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Where are you with this? What have you done thus far?

Have you set "Boot other" or "Boot RAID" in the BIOS?
Old 25th February, 2006, 04:11 PM

In the bios i have just enabled sata 1 and 2 (which i'm using) the drives are both recognised. the problem comes when i press F10 to set up the raid. in your article you said that the drives you set up were automatically set as "bootable" but on mine it just says N/A. i dont understand it at all. All the raid selections have been enabled. it even recognises the nvraid setup whilst booting up. therefore when i install windows i eventually get a message saying "no hard drives found".

Last edited by exponent; 25th February, 2006 at 04:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th February, 2006, 01:42 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Yes, on my system, they were automatically set as "bootable".
However, the fact you're getting the message saying "No hard drives found" means that whatever driver you are using doesn't recognise them disks at all.
What version of the nVidia drivers are you trying to use?
What version (service pack) of the Win XP install disk are you using?