AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st June, 2006, 03:02 AM

b4 I OC...

Hi there, wondering if my PC is performing the best it can right now, but I have no reference to go by, I am running EPOX 8NPA SLI/Athlon XP 3400+, 2 GIG DDR 400 (Kingston) 2X XFX 6800 Xtreme in SLI, AC97 onboard pos sound ( I use usb surround headphones anyway ) and I'm cooling the CPU with an Artic cooling Freezer 64 pro, the video still has stock coolers with some 80mm fans screwed onto the heatsinks (still debating over tidewater plus or Accelero 1X...) I get 60,422 Aquamarks on it, my games run smooth as glass on highest settings with 2x and sometimes 4x AA @ 1024 x 768 ( I have a 21" CRT ) The whole mess is sitting in Xoxide's X-Static 2 Case/w 450W PSU (my voltages r stable so I haven't replaced it yet)

I dunno if I can squeeze more out of it without OC'ing it, but I think I am missing something...

here's the case, I got it cause it was cheap...
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1898_11652305

Last edited by SteveAustin1971; 21st June, 2006 at 03:14 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st June, 2006, 04:07 AM

3dmark 03

BTW I get 13798 in 3dmark 03, I noticed you guys use it more than aquamark so I ran a bench just now... is this a good score?
Old 21st June, 2006, 04:46 AM

i wouldnt call it a substantial score... i get low 11's with one 6800

3d05 or 3d06 would be a better measure in my opinion as 03 is kinda outdated now
-Intel E6400 2.13 @ 3.044ghz 380fsb w/ zalman cnps9500-led L626A472
-EVGA 8800gtx
-2 WD caviar se16 250gb raid 0
-OCZ GameXStream 700
-Creative x-fi xtrememusic
-Samsung 226bw "S"
-all on Vista Ultimate...

my 2006 m roadster is still faster though
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st June, 2006, 12:38 PM

So now I need to get decent VGA coolers that will fit my SLI setup... I am looking at the tidewater plus water cooler... but I dunno if its reliable, I saw a couple of reviews where it leaked...
Old 21st June, 2006, 04:44 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

best to tget an acrticcooler that exhausts the hot air from your case, and not the accelero, if running SLi.
Old 21st June, 2006, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
best to tget an acrticcooler that exhausts the hot air from your case, and not the accelero, if running SLi.
Yeah the silencer doesn't fit either tho... I already tried one... I had a hard time searching for ones that are made to work sli aslo, doesn't seem to be many around. Thats why I was looking at the tidewater cause its just a small watercooler with two vga blocks
Old 21st June, 2006, 08:12 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

oh so there is limited room between the slots...for the price of the tidewater, it shouldn't do too badly. There is a special unit that's made for two cards taht was shown @ computex...this revision of the unit should be less prone ot leaks. Thermaltake has been known to have some bum parts in the past.
Old 21st June, 2006, 08:21 PM

yeah the Tidewater PLUS is a dual vga water cooler, it looks decent enough if it doesn't leak... plus its quiet and would be a good babystep into the world of water cooling.