AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th September, 2006, 02:08 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

Asus DvD rom

I recently got a new dvd rom because my last one went toe's up. I bought a Asus DVD-E616A2 and it has been doing some funny things.

First off, whenever there is a disk in the tray the read light on the front is always on, even when it isnt accessing the disk.

Second, all of my disks, games, drivers and programs that have autorun on them dont work anymore. When I put a disk in I get an error msg saying there is an error with the autorun or something.

Worst of all I had a cd with family pics on, put it in the other day and it showed all the pictures as being currupted and I know the disk was fine last time I used it.

Is this a faulty drive? And has it corrupted the pics for good?
Old 4th September, 2006, 02:24 PM
Team 45 Folder

Send a message via MSN to Got EpOx Send a message via Skype™ to Got EpOx

Make sure it's set to master and if you need drivers for the drive make sure they are installed correctly. As regards to the CD i should think it's still fine, if you're really worried test it in another machine.
232GB Western Digital 'My Book' External HDD USB 2.0
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
Intel GMA 950 Onboard Video
Want to make a difference without leaving your chair?, then join the AOA folding team today!
AOA Folding @Home
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th September, 2006, 04:21 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

Its set to master on IDE 2, all the drivers are installed correctly. Windows says the drive is fine, but still all these probs.
Old 4th September, 2006, 06:02 PM

Well unless anyone has anymore idea's? I'm going to take it back to the shop and see what they say because um sure its faulty
Old 4th September, 2006, 06:04 PM
Team 45 Folder

Take it back and see what they can do but if it turns out not to be faulty bring it back and we'll work on the problem more.
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
Want to make a difference without leaving your chair?, then join the AOA folding team today!
AOA Folding @Home
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th September, 2006, 06:16 PM

I'll bet it is faulty!

Does anyone use an asus dvd rom? because i'm sure the read lite shouldnt be on all the time. Or is this normal?
Old 4th September, 2006, 06:25 PM
Team 45 Folder

Well i should think as it's a standard DVD-ROM drive the light should only come on when the disc is being read, i had a drive that kept doing that. I think you're right about it being faulty but can you try it in another machine first??
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
AOA Folding @Home
Old 4th September, 2006, 06:53 PM

Nope, I dont have a spare machine atm
Old 4th September, 2006, 07:12 PM
Team 45 Folder

Just send it back then.
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
AOA Folding @Home
Old 4th September, 2006, 07:13 PM

i'll be down thier in the morning!

« Psu | "dvd problam" »