AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th October, 2006, 05:54 PM
AOA Staff

Post EPA outlines new Energy Star requirements; Intel pledges support

News from the front page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/1346/2/

Comments?
Old 29th October, 2006, 01:09 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

The EPA still exists? Cool!
Old 29th October, 2006, 04:27 AM
Space Invaders Champion, Takion Champion

Pffft. The Environmental Protection Agency doesn't exist anymore. It's been replaced by the frighteningly named Extremely Polluting Agency.

We're all pretty screwed.
"this happened to me once, only i kept wiping my nose in my sleep, so it was my hands that were covered in blood when i woke up. i saw my hands, and was like, "dear diary, all i remember is watching half a movie and falling asleep on the couch?" -Ryan North
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November, 2006, 03:33 PM

Don't forget who's in the White House that's pulling tjhe strings in favor of big business.
Quote:
"Through Energy Star, President Bush and EPA are brightening our nation's future
What a joke.

Last edited by videobruce; 6th November, 2006 at 03:36 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November, 2006, 05:56 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Err.............I'm confused.

The new regulations require more energy efficient computers, equipment which was not previously covered by the Energy Star regulations. Is that not a good thing?

It is only good when it causes companies to not make money? Oh wait. The change from R12 to R134 was a Good Thing, and the Montreal protocol caused lots of companies to make HUGE amounts of money as a result, so that must not be it. In the mean time, it's illegal for me to work on an air conditioner now, which means that there are a lot of folks suffering without air conditioning because they can't afford to replace or repair the units they have. I guess that's a Good Thing too.

Hmmm..............I'm still confused.