AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th October, 2006, 08:57 PM
AOA Staff

Post Apple releases MacBook shutdown patch

From the front page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/1350/2/

Comments?
Old 31st October, 2006, 03:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrok
For one reason or another, Apple always seems to have some problem with their 1.0 releases of products. I suppose this is to be expected, but such a huge problem is killer. From what I've read, certain people never experienced random shutdowns at all. Others had just a handful. Yet others had computers that were next to unusable because of this shutdown problem.

Oh well, I haven't had any trouble at all with my Mac Pro in its month and a half or so. It seems like Apple has less trouble with the products it aims at selling to Pros, most likely because troubles with its pro products could be disasterous to Apple.
Old 31st October, 2006, 07:16 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Good of Apple to address this problem. Funny, even though a former GF has an Apple desktop which looks snazzy, I've never considered one for myself.
Old 3rd November, 2006, 01:44 AM
Steve Jobs

I'm so close to buying a Macbook pro as my next laptop... The Dell XPS M1280 or whatever its called is on the list as well, but I would very much like a decent Macbook dualbooting OSX and Fedora Core 6.

Only thing holding me back is the ATI GPU, which really ruins the whole laptop for me. In A windows machine, I would call an X1600 acceptable, but no more. In an Apple/Linux machine, I'd rather have Syphilis.

That said, the Intel i965 is an option, and is far better than the ATI X1600. Maybe that's the answer.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles

Last edited by dsio; 3rd November, 2006 at 01:45 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!