AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th November, 2006, 06:11 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

digital freeview set top box?

wasn't sure where to put this so im asking here.

Recently i;ve given my cable box up to someone else in the house so im left with the bog standard bbc1,2 itv/meridian and channel 4 (imin the uk)

i've been looking around for digital set top boxes i was wandering if anyone could recommend any, I'm not looking for a hd recorder (pvr) included, just a set top box with teletext, hopefully 7-day epg, an rf loopthrough and min. 2 scarts. So far i've narrowed it down to 4 models:

Grundig GDT 1500
DAEWOO DS700
Philips DTR210
Sony VTX D800U

some of these could be hard to get hold of, the phillips or the daewoo seem the easiest to get hold of. Another model: Samsung SDT7000 i couldnt find any comments made on it digital spy so i'm gonna look it up a bit more later on tonight after work. Any experiences good or bad with these models or recommendations would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited by piccoLEW; 9th November, 2006 at 06:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!