AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th December, 2006, 10:46 PM

Video showing a hacked Wii playing copied games

Hey,

The movie should speak for itself. However I'm not totally convinced yet.
The author will throw the used boot sofware on the net on Januari 1 2007.

Man, if this is the real deal then the Wii is among the fastest hacked consoles. I also seems very effortlessly done.

http://www.1pstart.com/possible-wii-hack-video/
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21

Last edited by Wolf2000me; 18th December, 2006 at 10:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th December, 2006, 12:05 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

interesting!

Is anyone here going to be buying a wii when they can, Ive been told by most shops they wont have anymore for sale til febuary. (uk that is)
Old 19th December, 2006, 02:10 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Please note that it is only legal to copy games YOU OWN for BACKUP purposes. Copying for any other reason is illegal and can get you into huge amounts of trouble.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th December, 2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Please note that it is only legal to copy games YOU OWN for BACKUP purposes. Copying for any other reason is illegal and can get you into huge amounts of trouble.
Of course. But we are allowed just to talk about, right? I posted this for its newsvalue. I'm also not planning on buying a Wii.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Old 19th December, 2006, 08:22 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
As long as the discussion is not focused on the methods and means to rip off someone else's hard work.
I subscribe to the "Hacker Ethic" which means that I fundamentally believe that information belongs to everyone. That said, AOA will not be party to discussions on how to steal from others. Discussing how to illegally copy a CD is wrong. Discussing how to make a backup copy of your game so that you can prevent damage to the original media is another matter.

I realize that many will consider the distinction a matter of semantics. I consider it a matter of intent. I can teach you how to forge steel and sharpen it to make a knife; you are the one who uses that knowledge to make a weapon and then go out and kill someone.

Do realize, though, that AOA reserves the right to terminate any discussion at any time if we feel that it has stepped out of bounds. Also be mindful of the rules that are posted in a sticky in every forum.
Old 19th December, 2006, 08:38 PM
AOA Staff

I believe the newer consoles will update their firmware/OS over the net. So, I'd suspect that some of these hacks will be short lived, until a new one comes along!

Game CD's do get scratched easily. Especially those for consoles; you've got to use the CD everytime you play, given you can't fully install it to a hard disk.

Do these games have any kind of licence key?