AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th April, 2002, 11:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to AudiMan Send a message via Yahoo to AudiMan

PSU Problem. Please help

I tried replacing a Generic PSU with one of my Enermax's that was lying around, and when I connected it, it seemed like the fans were trying to spin when I turned it on. (the fans in the PSU)

So I took the enermax back out, and connected it to a cmpletely different wall outlet, and connected pins 14 and 17 on the 24 pin connector. I then hooked up a few fans to it and it was running great.

I then tried connecting the PSU to another mobo, and when I flipped the switch, the PSU turned on without having to use the power button from the mobo, and it didn't boot. So I pulled the 12 pin connector off of the mobo, and the PSU would still stay on without having to connect pin 14 and 17.

Anyone know how to fix this or is my PSU dead?
Abit KX7-333 - XP 2100 - @ 2.171 - 167 FSB - 512MB KingMax PC-2700
Abit NF7-S - XP 2500 - @ 2.153 - 205 FSB - 512MB Xtreme DDR PC-3500
Abit IC7 - P4 2.4C - @ 3.12 - 260 FSB(5:4) - 512MB Mushkin Lev 2 PC-3500
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th April, 2002, 10:48 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Hello Dave S and welcome to our forums. I'm sorry but I had to remove your links from you signature. By agreement with our Allied Sites, they alone are permited to link from their signatures. I hope you will enjoy our froums and come often.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th April, 2002, 11:05 AM

Re: PSU Problem. Please help

Quote:
Originally posted by AudiMan
I tried replacing a Generic PSU with one of my Enermax's that was lying around, and when I connected it, it seemed like the fans were trying to spin when I turned it on. (the fans in the PSU)

So I took the enermax back out, and connected it to a cmpletely different wall outlet, and connected pins 14 and 17 on the 24 pin connector. I then hooked up a few fans to it and it was running great.

I then tried connecting the PSU to another mobo, and when I flipped the switch, the PSU turned on without having to use the power button from the mobo, and it didn't boot. So I pulled the 12 pin connector off of the mobo, and the PSU would still stay on without having to connect pin 14 and 17.

Anyone know how to fix this or is my PSU dead?
could just need a new switch or it could be RIP, can you get it looked at cheap? if not bin it.
Got a problem with your PC
Have a look @ my forums