AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th June, 2008, 11:46 AM

ASUS Unveils World's Slimmest 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor

New ASUS LS221H Serves up Visual Elegance with Top-rate Performance.

Catering to discerning users who require a robust performing yet sublime addition to their digital home devices, ASUS, producer of high-quality displays, today launched the LS221H LCD monitor. This ultra-slim 22" widescreen LCD monitor combines pleasing aesthetics with leather material, superb display capabilities, and features a 9H-hardness glass panel for scratch resistant protection.

Experience True Beauty with Luxurious Craftsmanship
With a thinness of just 248 millimeters, the LS221H is so slim that it seems like more of an object de art than a display unit. Clean lines, diamond-cut corners and edges of glass combine seamlessly on the piano-painted glossy black chassis; while the lower half panel of the LS221H is dressed in genuine leather to present an exquisite outlook that exudes luxury and warmth in digital living. The LS221H is also equipped with a 9H hardness-rated diamond-cut glass surface that protects against damage or pollutive substances. The anti-reflection glass also provides a 96% transmission rate and a reflective rate of less than 2% - allowing users to view clearer images and more vibrant colors. This perfect combination of hard and soft elements subtly emphasizes the luxurious nature of the LS221H; while leading the "soul" of the product into perfect alignment with boutique displays and interior design. Additionally, the Light-in-Motion II dynamic lighting effects from LEDs built into the base add to the ambience; and an embedded HDMI input does away with cable clutter and provides HD multimedia enjoyment with the best quality.

Internal Beauty for Bright and Vivid Images
Proving that this beauty is not just skin deep, the LS221H is equipped with a ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) 4000:1 and two-millisecond response times that delivers sharp, vibrant images of the very best quality without any ghosting. The "Aspect Control" function allows selecting display modes between Full and 4:3 modes for perfect enjoyment of true-to-life HD video games and movies without image distortion; and the ASUS Splendid Video Intelligence Technology automatically corrects and constantly adjusts every detail of the image to optimize visual quality – providing deeper colors, sharper contrasts and an overall brighter picture. Five video preset modes, three skin tones, and five color temperature settings also allow users to easily customize the LS221H to their personal preferences.

Specifications

* 22" widescreen LCD panelOptimal resolution: 1680x1050 WSXGA+
* 2ms response time(gray-to-gray)
* ASCR (ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio) 4000:1
* 16.7 million display colors
* 300nits brightness
* 170°(H)/160°(V) wide viewing angles
* 9H hardness protection glass surface
* Splendid™ Video Intelligence Technology
* 5 video preset modes and 3 skin-tone selections
* Inputs: D-SUB, HDMI
* 3-year system and panel warranty
* 1-year zero bright dot warranty

ASUS
Attached Thumbnails
ASUS Unveils World's Slimmest 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor-asus.jpg   ASUS Unveils World's Slimmest 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor-ls221h.jpg  
Old 14th June, 2008, 06:12 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Glass sure beats a rather flimsy membrane and it's "heart touching." Could you ask for more?
Old 14th June, 2008, 06:41 PM

Its very nice but only 22inches....If it gets up to 24 i may get one
Old 15th June, 2008, 01:23 PM

LOL...Actually I went from a 15" to the 22" so for a little while I was looking from one side of the screen to the other! So this is plenty wide for me...
Looks almost the same as my monitor...Acer X222W 22", 1000:1, 5ms, 300 cd/m²
It's got a Gloss finish on the screen and looks exactly like glass.
I don't get any glare off of it except when and have very bright back lighting on it like my room light which I keep off. I use my Desktop lamp that I really like.
(Special Natural light that's very comfortable on the eyes)
BlueMax 18w Full Spectrum light $12 each. (10,000 hrs)
BlueMaxâ„¢ 18w Compact Fluorescent Lamp
Attached Images

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 15th June, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th July, 2008, 05:24 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Azriel

I know the feeling. I went from a 21" CRT, straight to a 27.5" LCD, and omfg my neck was sore.

On the thin display:
1) Why is a thin display better? Saves you one inch of space you won't use for anything else?
2) I hate the glare you get with glass.
3) It's so uninteresting that I don't have anything for 3.

Last edited by Azriel; 4th July, 2008 at 05:27 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th July, 2008, 01:04 AM

Actually plain glass doesnt produce glare...Its a special coating that does.