AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd April, 2010, 06:46 AM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

Quick!! - Headphone Help!

The right ear of my in-ear Sony MDR-EX56 Headphones just went out and jiggling it around and taping it at an angle no longer allows it to work.

I work processing financial aid for students and I cant stand all the drama at work so I usually shut out the world and listen to music for the 8 or so hours I work but thats really hard to do when only one ear bud works.

So I need to get a new pair asap. I have $40 USD to spend MAX. I'm looking for a pair of in-ear buds with full sound, and very good bass.

All suggestions will be appreciated!

Last edited by WonderBread; 22nd April, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd April, 2010, 07:16 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Thumbs up

Sony MDR-EX56 Stereo Earbud Headphones $19.95 Free Shipping Deal - Reviews and Compare Prices
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd April, 2010, 07:32 AM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm looking for something other than this set that has just broken. I've used this version of buds for the last 3 years and I'm ready for something new.
Old 22nd April, 2010, 08:12 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Red face

Pffffffff
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 22nd April, 2010, 05:28 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I've seen a lot of people comment on the skullcandy earbuds being pretty good. Not having used them myself, I can't say: Skullcandy - Ink'd Ear Bud Stereo Headphones - Black/Red - S2INBB-BR

However, I've found the Sony MDR-EX56 earbuds to be decent, and I rather doubt the Skull Candy earbuds will be any better.

The JVC Marshmallows have been recommended by several people as well: JVC - Marshmallow Earbud Headphones for Most Apple® iPod® and iPhone Models - Black - HAFX34B

However, again, I've got to suspect that they won't be any better than the Sonys, although I've not used the JVCs either.

My personal preference is Sennheiser: in my limited exsperience I've found nothing to be superior for the money, and in the $40+ range they usually blow everything else out of the water. I've got a set of bluetooth Senheisers that I gave just over $100 for on Amazon( Amazon.com: Sennheiser MM 200 Bluetooth Wireless Headset: Electronics ), and they are easily the best bluetooth buds I've encountered.

Any of the following should meet your needs, I would think:
Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black): Electronics
Amazon.com: Sennheiser MM50 iP Earbud Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics
Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX 300 - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - black: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX 300 II Precise Bass In-ear Canal Headphones with Asymmetrical Cable, Black: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sennheiser MX85 Sport Series II Twist to Fit Stereo For Sports: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sennheiser MX 560 Earbuds with Cable Winder (Black): Electronics

The last one isn't a true earbud (it doesn't actually fit into the ear canal), and I find that style to be a bit uncomfortable, but they offer decent audio at a reasonable price. Also, some of the models listed above get close to $50, and there are a few models not listed that are in the $10-$20 range. I personally would stay away from ANY earbud that is less than about $40 as it's been my experience that they are all pretty much rubbish (even the Sennheisers, which is to say that even though the cheap Sennheisers are arguably superior to the other products in that price range, they still suck.).
Old 23rd April, 2010, 07:20 AM

Alright, so I ordered the Sennheiser CX 300 II's when I get them in I'll let you know how they are! after reading the reviews I was quite pleased but until I have them to test for myself I won't know for sure.