AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

View Poll Results: What sound card should I buy?
Audigy 1 50.00%
Sonic Fury 1 50.00%
Other 0 0%
Stick with Cornflakes box CMedia- there's newer, funkier stuff not far off 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th May, 2002, 08:54 PM

Creative Audigy Vs. Videologic Sonicfury

I'm thinking about a new soundcard, as I've got one from a cornflakes packet at the mo, -ECS based on OEM C-media Chip- and it's not cutting it sonically, and the drivers keep freezing the PC (Got it -nearly- free with my 5.1 speakers, so I can't complain)

So far it's a toss-up between the Creative Audigy PCI, and the Videologic Sonicfury. The Sonicfury has the slight edge so far, because from the reviews I've read, it seems to be put together better than even some high-end cards costing £400+.

I'm open to ther ideas (probly to ~ £75) tho, it must meet the following specs:

*Must do 39MHz PCI (can crank my PC up to 1003MHz again),

*Have (3 separate) 5.1 direct connections on the rear, so I can connect it to the 5.1 ports on the rear of my Amp.

*A SPDIF would be nice as well -means I can record stuff to MD without first having to burn a CD.

*Be readilly available from usual online outlets in UK (dabs, etc.) so no "I got it from my local comp shop in Arkansas..."

Last edited by markedmundb; 30th May, 2002 at 09:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th May, 2002, 09:38 PM

BTW, pls state why you've voted the way you have. I need constructive advice, as well as votes,

Cheers.

{EDIT: Guess this should be in the vid/sound card section... Soz Dan, etc. I didn't see it before I posted}

Last edited by markedmundb; 30th May, 2002 at 09:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!