AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th August, 2002, 11:08 PM

ASUS P4T POST Reports - Am I being stupid?

My first home-built PC is running almost perfectly now, but there's one last thing I need to clear up...

Every time I boot after switching off the PSU, the ASUS POST reporter tells me;

"system failed due to CPU overclocking" and "system failed memory test." >> I never get one message without the other <<

Then, when I soft power off and back on again, I get neither of these messages, and am taken into the BIOS (where nothing has changed). I exit, and Windows 98 loads perfectly, and everything works great. (Same with every reboot til I switch the mains power off).

I have not overclocked anything, and I have made sure the RDRAM is fully seated in the right configuration (with continuity modules firmly in place). I checked the relevant part of the motherboard manual which helpfully suggests that I "install some memory" and "run the CPU at the recommended speed" (2.26Ghz) (which I am).

PLEASE HELP ME!!
Old 31st August, 2002, 01:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

I have a similar problem--- But what i did was set the CPU to user Define and set it at 133x17 and i dont get the errors- also make sure the ram is set to the right timmings-
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!