AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th October, 2002, 08:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Mice........

Logitech has a new wireless mouse out..... and let me tell ya now...... i ordered mine.....

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...p;languageid=1
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th October, 2002, 08:52 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

I was looking at those today at best buy. Bout $80 if I can remember. Looks like there just rechargable batteries. I don't know how long they will last. But I'm sure if you replace them with some "good" one's the mouse will probably work longer without needing a recharge.
$.02
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th October, 2002, 11:53 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Max193 Send a message via Yahoo to Max193

Quote:
Originally posted by robbie
I was looking at those today at best buy. Bout $80 if I can remember. Looks like there just rechargable batteries. I don't know how long they will last. But I'm sure if you replace them with some "good" one's the mouse will probably work longer without needing a recharge.
$.02
Rob
Yes, indeed! This mouse's docking station will recharge the bat-pack once the mouse is inserted - no more headache about battery life!
Old 6th October, 2002, 12:48 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

If the batteries are Nicads your gonna wreck em unless they are fully discharged, then full charged only! It looks suspiciously similar to a mouse made by some company, 4d i think they are make VERY cheap mice, their one looks nigh on identicle, and costs £25

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 6th October, 2002, 05:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Max193 Send a message via Yahoo to Max193

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense
If the batteries are Nicads your gonna wreck em unless they are fully discharged, then full charged only! It looks suspiciously similar to a mouse made by some company, 4d i think they are make VERY cheap mice, their one looks nigh on identicle, and costs £25
My cordless phone has a NiMh batt-pack in the handset - guess it will be the same in the mouse...
Old 6th October, 2002, 07:16 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Max193

Yes, indeed! This mouse's docking station will recharge the bat-pack once the mouse is inserted - no more headache about battery life!
yeah, but you might have to say good bye to gaming for 4 hours straight. The batteries might die in that time.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 6th October, 2002, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to stompah

Quote:
The rechargeable nickel metal-hydride (NiMH) batteries will be powered for a whole day's worth of use with just a ten-minute charge.
So your LANing wont be too affected while you wait for a recharge.

Does anybody know what color the LED is? I bet its red someone buy it and swap to a blue LED and report to us how bad the mouse's performance degrades

fsb is all that matters. fsb = life - SimJoe [H]
Old 6th October, 2002, 07:47 PM

hehehehe, I have a logitech dual optical, thats all my gaming needs took care of for a long time (till they can hook my brain directly up to CS)
Old 6th October, 2002, 10:53 PM

I saw those here but the price for a mouse? I think I'll stick with my MS mouse I got:nervous:
Old 6th October, 2002, 11:48 PM

I use a Logitech Cordless Trackman Wheel Optical Mouse and have gotten several months out of batteries.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Old 14th October, 2002, 05:40 AM

Deep cycling nicads and NiMh batteries usually brings them back to life, by that I mean, get one fully flat, charge it for like 16 hours, drain it very fully (may need to rig an auto bulb across it to do this good) charge it slow and long again, and redrain, then by next charge you should be getting full capacity or near enough again.

Also slow baking or heating them for a long period is meant to work also, like leave them on your hot water tank for a few days. Something to do with breaking down large crystals.

I yard sale, and I can barely contain my grin when I find something nice that's rechargable and the seller says, "oh, gimme a buck, the battery only lasts a couple of minutes" I cycle them and 80% of the time get a fully working power screwdriver, or hand vac or whatever. The other 20% I save up and mix and match good cells between packs.

regards,

Road Warrior
...Shouldn't natives of Canada be Canadanians?
Or alternatively, Bermuda=Bermudans, Grenada=Grenadans, Canada=Canadans????