AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   General Hardware Discussion (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/7-general-hardware-discussion/)
-   -   I hope I did the right thing (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/general-hardware-discussion/34408-i-hope-i-did-right-thing.html)

64wad6 10th December, 2005 03:12 AM

I hope I did the right thing

I ordered a new rig today. Sempron 64 3400+ with a Abit NV8 with the Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply. I got a ASUS EN6800GT, Corsair VS1GB400C3 1GB DDR400 PC3200 along with a DVD burner, Coolermaster case and longitech keyboard and mouse. I'm afraid the system will not boot and that I'll cry like a baby.I've read and read but it was still hard for me to pull the trigger. I'm a nervous wreck , I feel sick to my stomach.Please, Someone tell me I did not mess up too bad.

Gizmo 10th December, 2005 03:33 AM

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't boot. The components should work with each other as far as I can tell.

Favu 10th December, 2005 03:47 AM

Looks good to me :thumbsup:

64wad6 10th December, 2005 03:52 AM

I guess I'm just paranoid. I just hope I get it put togather right, I can't stop feeling like I forgot something.

radcon56 10th December, 2005 04:03 AM

There's only one way to find out!

Pitch 10th December, 2005 07:06 AM

We're here to help if you get stuck anywhere during the build.

SteveI 10th December, 2005 01:53 PM

Did you mention a hard drive or operating system? ... ummm, monitor?

madcatmk3 10th December, 2005 05:05 PM

just make sure all the cables are securly in. It took my 3 days to figure out my sytem wasn't getting power because the ATX powercable was slightly lose. It actuly took me 4 boots before I finnaly got it working. I reassambled it twice but now it ourpreforms my alienware.

cloasters 10th December, 2005 07:03 PM

I take my time when building a box. Very careful attention to detail results in a machine that will boot the first time the power button is pressed. Most of the time. :rolleyes:

Daniel ~ 10th December, 2005 09:54 PM

But if your like me...your always surprized when it starts right up the first time! ":O}

64wad6 11th December, 2005 12:15 AM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm going to use the monitor I have now on the new machine and use an older one I have on this machine. I've got Three hard drives, two on this machine one 40gb the other 80gb and a 160gb in an Ultra external incloser. I'm going to take my Soundblaster Audigy2 platimum card off this machine and put it on my new one along with my Logitech Z-680 THX 5.1 Speakers. I'm going to take my plextor CD-ROM and put it on the new one too. I'll use this machine for bittorrent and such.

Pitch 11th December, 2005 12:18 AM

Actually. If it starts up the first time, this is a sign of bad luck.

tiamat63 11th December, 2005 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitch

Oh?? :rolling: :rolling:

I wouldnt be to worried, your machine looks fine. But like stated above,
what about an OS? Unless your "acquiring" one of other means or going to use
the "MAC86" image that was leaked...or linux.

64wad6 11th December, 2005 12:54 AM

I can't talk about the OS Uncle Billy may be watching.

madcatmk3 11th December, 2005 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
But if your like me...your always surprized when it starts right up the first time! ":O}

I always hold my breath untill I get passed the windows loading screen. WHich luckily doesn't take to long.:D

Daniel ~ 11th December, 2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitch

Consider the possibility that what you take for sign of general bad luck, is just that black cloud of miserable failure that follows your hardware were e'er it goes...hey, just a thought!

radcon56 13th December, 2005 07:32 AM

No matter how careful I've been during the build,there's always a nervous moment before I flick the switch for the first time. (Only to find out that the reason nothing happened was because the rear switch was off) followed by another,when I hit it for real. Getting to the BIOS on a new build is a sweet reward for a job well done. Cheers all!!