AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   General Hardware Discussion (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/7-general-hardware-discussion/)
-   -   New Kit (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/general-hardware-discussion/40348-new-kit.html)

Favu 20th February, 2007 08:46 PM

Prime 95, F@H, 3D Mark, F@H, SANDRA, F@h.... depends what sort of testing you want to do, really :)

Samuknow 20th February, 2007 08:56 PM

Your right on it Favu, I have tested with Prime, and many others and it was fine until I folded. Then the tweaking began. I load FAH before I even begin overclocking. That way it is already maxed and warmed up...Plus I don't want to miss any time to gain points.

Razorfish 20th February, 2007 08:59 PM

Looks like another upgrading to C2D, my stuffs due tommorrow! basically the same system but i went for the E6600 and some absolutly bargin OCZ Platinum from Overclockers 2x 1GB PC2-6400 for £117 inc VAT, which seems to have risen (maybe they listed it at the wrong price :eek: ) Anyway... nice system! cant wait for mine!

aghastpumpkin 20th February, 2007 11:15 PM

This is just so very fast and I haven't even overclocked yet.

Razorfish 20th February, 2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin
This is just so very fast and I haven't even overclocked yet.

Promising! glad it all worked first time... im just not that lucky!

skool h8r 21st February, 2007 12:05 AM

Looks like my college tutor thinks his new system is so good:

7300GS
Abit board
2Gb DDR2
P4 Single Core (541 i think).
£12 500W Ebuyer el cheapo PSU.
Nice gaming case.

Strange though. I didn't see a HDD. :rolling:

I just mentioned that i'd got almost everything better than him in my rig and he wasn't happy. :D I love ruining his day. ;) So he made me research SATA drives and how to install them.

And oh yeah, make those rigs fold people, we seem to be on a charge to the top of the charts but we're been beaten by Team Linux! *cry*

keithwalton 21st February, 2007 02:41 AM

I was just going to post that http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MY-072-OC was an absolute steal at £117.49, now its £135!

The core 2's do have that my god my computer is doing everything i tell it to instantly factor, yet when overclocked they're even quicker, especially in vista (as i've probably said a many of times now! it really like the dual core)

push these core 2's people, 3 GHz should be no sweat, the p5b will help nicely 50% overclocks on the e6400 are quite common.
which means in terms of folding potential by overclocking you can increase performance by the speed of one of your cores!

(2.13GHz x 2 = 4.26GHz folding power, 50% o/c -> 3.2GHz x 2 = 6.4GHz of folding power so + 2.13GHz!)

As for hard drive speed, does the Hitachi use perpendicular recording ? if so then its equal to the Seagate 7200.10, if it doesnt then the seagate is quicker! i get silly speeds on my raid 0 config

aghastpumpkin 21st February, 2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skool h8r
Looks like my college tutor thinks his new system is so good:

7300GS
Abit board
2Gb DDR2
P4 Single Core (541 i think).
£12 500W Ebuyer el cheapo PSU.
Nice gaming case.

Strange though. I didn't see a HDD. :rolling:

I just mentioned that i'd got almost everything better than him in my rig and he wasn't happy. :D I love ruining his day. ;) So he made me research SATA drives and how to install them.

I just thought I'd mention everything in my rig is better. I love ruining peoples days.;)
I will push my CPU. When I get home...:D
I also have to say, HD Audio is just so much better! My MP3s have a new life. :)

keithwalton 23rd February, 2007 11:28 AM

It seems the ocz ram is back to £115 now, bargain!

Pitch 23rd February, 2007 12:33 PM

I think the Seagate .10 are the only drives in that price range with perpendicular recording, atleast the larger ones.

Samuknow 23rd February, 2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skool h8r

And oh yeah, make those rigs fold people, we seem to be on a charge to the top of the charts but we're been beaten by Team Linux! *cry*

Yea, What Scott said. All these new monster rigs should be churning out some WU's