AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   General Hardware Discussion (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/7-general-hardware-discussion/)
-   -   Remove/crack Bios Password (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/general-hardware-discussion/7837-remove-crack-bios-password.html)

CaesaR 29th July, 2002 01:36 AM

Remove/crack Bios Password

i need a way to crack the BIOS password on my computer and removing the CMOS battery dosnt work is there any other ways ?

-Pat

Spode 29th July, 2002 02:14 AM

you may be able to flash it clean :rolleyes:

Samuknow 29th July, 2002 02:20 AM

Is there a reset jumper? This has worked every time on any machine.

Spode 29th July, 2002 02:41 AM

I didn't make that post!!!

damned AOA camp. free computers e.t.c

you acn get software to get the password. or just reset it using the reset jumper.

CaesaR 29th July, 2002 03:04 AM

in retard terms a reset jumper is................

Uncle Bob 29th July, 2002 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CaesaR
Do you have the manual for the board?

mookydooky 29th July, 2002 03:14 AM

Quote:

There should be a jumper near the CMOS battery on the mobo. To clear the CMOS, you put the jumper on the 2nd and 3rd pins momentarily and then return the jumper to its original position.

Uncle Bob 29th July, 2002 03:34 AM

If clearing the CMOS doesn't work try some of these from several other message boards:

I don't know about an Award BIOS but most of the AMI BIOS's would reset to factory default if you continuously hold down the insert key while powering the computer up. You might want to spend some time holding various keys down while powering up. It should take you less than 101 tries ;) Unless of course it's a multi key combination. Then you're SOL.

The Handbook states to shorten jumper 13 for a while but I tried this with no success. Somewhere else it states that one should send the Board to the reseller but he is not available anymore...
Hmm.... I've been that situation before, and shorten jumper 13 solve the problem. Here is the procedure : shorten that jumper, turn on the PC for 5 secs maybe, then turn it off. Unshorten the jumper, turn on again your PC, then you have the PC without BIOS password.

More if I can find it, HTH! ;)

CaesaR 29th July, 2002 03:36 AM

im using an ASUS A7V Kt133 where would it be there

Uncle Bob 29th July, 2002 04:19 AM

Here is a forum dedicated to your motherboard
I can't seem to download the manual from the ASUS site so I really can't say where the specific jumper is.

K6-III 29th July, 2002 05:17 AM

Actually, the A7V didn't have a jumper for that purpose. Instead, they chose to go with 2 metal contacts that you have to short with a paperclip...

CaesaR 29th July, 2002 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spode
you may be able to flash it clean :rolleyes:

? ? ?

drow_elf 29th July, 2002 05:37 AM

i wish they would use jumpers... people are always so nervous about using a paperclip on their computer even when it says: "short here"..... they think a weeny .001V battery will short their system

Uncle Bob 29th July, 2002 06:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

? ? ?

Here is your board's manual online It takes a long time to download even with a T-1 connection, but be patient. If you don't have it, it's always a good idea to have it on hand.

Here is the info you need! Just follow the directions and you should be just fine. The legend should be self- explanatory.

Aedan 29th July, 2002 08:32 AM

Like the instructions...[list=1][*]Unplug your computer[*]Short the solder points[*]Turn ON your computer[*]Hold down <Delete>[/list=1]

I guess the motherboards are clever enough not to require power when you turn the thing on again!

AidanII

Spode 29th July, 2002 05:55 PM

Quote:

? ? ?

It wasn't me!

cloasters 29th July, 2002 11:45 PM

As there isn't a proper jumper to clear the CMOS on your board, I advise doing this. It's time consuming and a bit of APITA, but I destroyed an Asus mainboard when I shorted the two solder nubs. To me, it's worth the extra hassle!

Boot into BIOS and set everything to Setup Default. Shut down the box.

Unplug the PS from the power strip. Then unplug the 20-Pin ATX power connector from the mainboard. Then remove the CMOS battery for 15 minutes. A little strip of duct tape makes messing with the battery a LOT easier.

Then put the battery back into its "holder." Then plug the 20-Pin ATX power connector back into the motherboard. Then plug the PS into the power strip.

The password ridiculousness is now gone. If I don't need to protect my machine from idiots, I never set BIOS passwords.

CaesaR 30th July, 2002 04:50 AM

Quote:

If I don't need to protect my machine from idiots, I never set BIOS passwords. [/B]
yes but the ***** at the comp store feels that its not necessary for ME to be in MY bios

Uncle Bob 30th July, 2002 05:49 AM

Quote:

yes but the ***** at the comp store feels that its not necessary for ME to be in MY bios

Go to another store!

Did you crack it?

CaesaR 30th July, 2002 05:39 PM

its under warranty there, and no