AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th October, 2002, 10:34 PM

Win XP, and no sound

I installed XP Home, added a sound card (integrated card disabled in Bios), but no sound. Went to Device Manager, and it shows all working well. Went through the trouble shooting process, but no go yet. Help!!!
Old 20th October, 2002, 10:41 PM
Member/Contributer

There should be a driver CD that came with the motherboard. This CD contains Sound Card drivers. It is very likely that XP hasn't got the correct drivers.

Other than that... are your speakers turned on and pluggen in?
Sorry, just had to ask. Often its the easiest of things that cause the problems.
Old 21st October, 2002, 04:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

What sound card is it?
If its an SBlive or audigy and you have digital speakers you have to enable the digital output manually.
If its not do what allan said. Plus check to make sure that the volume in the volume control in windows is up, I had a soundcard once that set it to off by default
Old 31st October, 2002, 11:24 PM

I had a soundcard once.. that lept resetting the "wave" volume to nothing. So even if i single cliked and turned the volume up on the task bar, it still wudnt increase the sound of most operations. Quick reinstall with latest drivers sorted that one out..!

Hope that helps!

Rich
512MB DDR PC 2700 (Crucial)
GF4 Ti4200 @ 300Mhz/535Mhz

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th November, 2002, 05:11 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Betty Send a message via MSN to Betty

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan

Other than that... are your speakers turned on and pluggen in?
I've done that!!
.....went through the whole troubleshooting process, installed latest drivers, reseated sound card, even smashed my keyboard, all to no avail....only to find out that I plugged the speakers into the wrong place
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Boy, What a ride!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th November, 2002, 01:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Quote:
Originally posted by Betty

I've done that!!
.....went through the whole troubleshooting process, installed latest drivers, reseated sound card, even smashed my keyboard, all to no avail....only to find out that I plugged the speakers into the wrong place
LOL
Old 19th November, 2002, 01:51 AM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally posted by Betty

I've done that!!
We can always be sure Betty has something for our amusement! Thanks for making my day! :-D :-D