AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd October, 2002, 07:54 PM

Angry Still no Sound!!!!

I posted a thread earlier about no sound. Abit ST6, Celeron 1.3, SB Live 5.1 sound card. I installed XP, and it loaded MS drivers for the sound card. No sound. I then installed the OEM drivers with the CD. No sound. I downloaded the latest SB drivers for XP and installed. No sound. Everything is plugged in (speakers, sound cables from CD and CDRW to mobo. All Volumes are up, nothing muted. I have gone through the troubleshooting in device manager. Everything showing working properly, except I cannot hear it working properly.

The integrated sound card is disabled on the mobo.

Do you have to uninstall XP default drivers for the SB card before installing the OEM and updates? I did not. More help would be appreciated. HELLLLLLLP!
Old 23rd October, 2002, 08:39 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Not sure about much..
but for playing audio CDs, the sound connection from CDROM should be connected to the sound card, since you disabled the audio on board, connecting it to the mobo would be pointless.

Just on the outside chance your speakers are broken, do you have another set you could test with?
Old 23rd October, 2002, 09:37 PM
Member/Contributer

Could it be a defect soundcard? Try ripping it out and enable the onboard sound card. Does that give you any sound?

I normally just install the Creative drivers for my Live!. Don't care for the included MS drivers on just about anything.

Try the creative website for new drivers...
Old 27th October, 2002, 06:40 AM
Banned

Try plugging sound card into another slot. I know that sounds weird but I have had that work when nothing else would. What chipset do you have on your mobo? Try reinstalling them, sometimes a bug(glitch) gets in there and blocks harware from working. Also if you have via chips there's a patch for them so they work better with s.b. cards. This may work for yours. I'm not sure where to download it. Maybe someone here knows.
Old 27th October, 2002, 09:44 PM

No sound

I have tried five out of the six slots. The mobo has Intel 815 EB-step (ICH2) chipset. When I loaded XP, XP installed the drivers. I will search for an update.

I have also uninstalled all drivers, then downloaded XP updates from ABIT for the onboard AC97 soundcard. Installed them and enabled the onboard, but I get no sound with them either. This is frustrating for something that should be fairly simple.
Old 27th October, 2002, 11:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

sure its not your speakers?
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th October, 2002, 04:15 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

I know this sounds stupid but....

Are you sure your speakers are plugged in and turned on?
And that you have plugged the speakers into the sound card?
Try and plug a set of head phones into the sound card and see if you get sound from them.

If niether the sound card nor the onboard sound put out sound it is probibly the speakers.

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th October, 2002, 05:46 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I'm sure this has already been done. Just in case it hasn't, has this Sound card worked properly in a different PC?