AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th February, 2003, 03:55 PM

Question Banshee Drivers

Wasn't sure which thread to post this under?

Anyway, about so many years back I wrote a review of my 16MB Creative Banshee video card. I had found a hacked driver called Crass 1.7 that some guy had made. Well this driver helped me play a lot of games I couldn't with final official driver and increased my frame rate quite a bit.

The problem is I have been getting requests for these drivers for years now I don't even have the card anymore. Mostly people outside of US where the Banshee card is new technology.

I noticed a upload section for this website for drivers, anyone intersted in these? Their 7MB unzipped and a little over 3MB zipped.
Old 13th February, 2003, 04:07 PM
Member/Contributer

Welcome to AOA Forums!

You can upload it directly at www.aoafiles.com, as long as it won't get us into trouble with the author.

Is the Banshee really NEW technology ANYWHERE?
Old 13th February, 2003, 07:27 PM

I don't recall where he was from but his name was Ehab Idriss. Not sure what part of the world where that name is common. Anyway, I suggested to him to get a new geforce or radeon because of how old the banshee was. He said something to the effect that I must be American and explained to me that it would take probably 3 to 4 months to even get a new card where he was at

I guess everybody doesn't get UPS or FedEx.

Yeah, I will upload the drivers when I get a chance. They have a readme with them. It says they are public domain, just can't sell em and what not.