AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th March, 2003, 02:53 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Xbit Labs 13 Vidcard Shootout in 3DMark03. Haw yee!

The nice folks at Xbitlabs.com posted a comparison of the performance of 13 Vidcards under that oh so friendly 3DMark03 benchmark. Please see: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid.../3dmark03.html .
Old 26th March, 2003, 03:46 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Sweet!!!! Thanks for the link!!
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th March, 2003, 04:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to marcofra2000

Wow , great lynk.
2x512 Ballistix DDR PC-3200
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Maxtor 80 gig
Antec 430 Watts
Onkyo HT-S760, 750 Watts.

Opinions are like butts, we all have them and they all stink at one time or another. But when people's butts stink we don't go around cleaning them, so please don't tell people that their opinions stink.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th March, 2003, 09:22 PM

"First of all, we should congratulate NVIDIA and the company’s software developers. Their 42.68 drivers helped GeForceFX 5800 Ultra based card to outrun its main rival, RADEON 9700 PRO nearly in all the tests and resolutions."

Thats all I needed to read....

BAH MORE BS

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life.........

I have a pool and a pond........ pond would be good for you though.
Old 27th March, 2003, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by muzz
"First of all, we should congratulate NVIDIA and the company’s software developers. Their 42.68 drivers helped GeForceFX 5800 Ultra based card to outrun its main rival, RADEON 9700 PRO nearly in all the tests and resolutions."

Thats all I needed to read....

BAH MORE BS
Well the Det. 42.68 did gave them a hugh boost on 3dmark03. I wished they would of tests them with the WHQL drivers from their site.
Maxtor 80 gig
Antec 430 Watts

Opinions are like butts, we all have them and they all stink at one time or another. But when people's butts stink we don't go around cleaning them, so please don't tell people that their opinions stink.
Old 27th March, 2003, 03:49 AM

Yes they DID..... wonder how that happened is my point.......as if everyone didn't already have alot of clues... AFAIK they (42.68-"Magic" drivers.. ) will NEVER be WHQL certified... part of the deal when you don't follow the DX9 spec.
They test with any other driver, and you can knock 1500-2000 points off that score........ as has been proven.
Supposedly there is talk about a certified driver coming out within a week or so........ wonder what they will do this time to skirt the DX9 spec, while still getting away with it...... or will they be satisfied taking a beating( forget about AA/AF, not even worth mentioning but in passing).
They have 1 thing going for them, thats the NV35.... and IMO they better get it out reasonably soon.

I personally hope they get it out and it is a great card... I don't think they've helped progress with their latest effort.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life.........

I have a pool and a pond........ pond would be good for you though.
Old 29th March, 2003, 07:39 PM

The NV35 will be the same thing as the NV30 except it will have 256 bit Memory.
Maxtor 80 gig
Antec 430 Watts