AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th June, 2003, 09:20 PM

What's the highest overclock on a 128MB Ti4200?

I just upgraded to a Ti4200 last night and by the end of the night, with stock cooling, I was at 320/690! The core was as high as it will go, but the RAM was maxed out on Coolbits. Not only that, but the RAM was still cool to the touch!

After getting those scores, I put on an Iceberq 4 Pro and 4 Tweakmonster BGA sinks. I'll put on the other Tweakmonster sinks tonight, and I'll install Powerstrip. I really want to get the core to 335, but that may be a pipe dream.

I'm curious as to how many people's cards OC higher than mine (I'm usually not this lucky) and what kind of cooling they use.
Old 4th June, 2003, 11:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Postaldave Send a message via AIM to Postaldave

might be a help if you included what brand and model card you have

i also have a ti 4200 and i have not been so lucky with it.... i have heard you can get the ram up to 715 and the core to 350 or so on mine.... but i have yet to accomplish it... then again its hella hot here

postal
Phaustus - 60 Troll Shaman
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th June, 2003, 05:39 PM

Sorry mods if this is not allowed : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ti4200+results i poste dthta htere an a lot of results with what corer and mem clocks people have got on their cards

Craig
Old 2nd July, 2003, 04:34 AM

Factory Overclock

Well, my BFG tech 8x came from the factory with the ram factory over-clocked to 513 (no voiding of lifetime warranty! yay!), and I don't even think the heat spread is contacting the ram chips very well, and I'm almost positive I don't even have bga ram.
Athlon T-Bird 1.33, 133MHz bus, 512MB Crucial CL2 SDRAM (Ultra 2 Timings), ECS K7AMA Motherboard (ALi Chipset) BLOWN CAPACITORS , BFG GeForce 4 Ti-4200 128MB 8x (350/513), 40 GB WD Caviar, 80 GB WD Caviar, 48x16x48 CD-RW, 6x DVD ROM

I need a new mobo! Anyone have a spare Asus A7N8X or similarily plushy athlon mobo?

Currently on IBM ThinkPad i Series 1400 (Pentium 266-MMX, 4 gb hd, NeoMagic MagicGraph 128ZX+ video)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!