AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th June, 2003, 03:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Matt McFaul

9800pro 256ddr2 vdimm mod?????

anyone figure it out yet? I can see where to mod it but I cant find the voltage measurement traces. Whereas the 9700pro had the caps running through the board this one has the caps seated properly.....everything is just so packed in.
Vmod is done and tested stable at 505 on the core. Something on the board is unhappy with anything above 1.75v though. I really think they got tricky with this one.....you'de think they would make it easier so you could really slaughter the fx series!
Attached Thumbnails
9800pro 256ddr2 vdimm mod?????-dsc01056.jpg  
P4@4ghz,16x250 1:1ddr, prommie cooled, 1gb hyperXpc4000@250 8-4-4-3, ic7max3, dual antec true control 550's, dual raptor 36.4 raid 0 16kstrips,bfg 6800 gt oc at 450/1050 danger den nv40 block, audigy 2zs platinum,viewsonic p220f,klipsch promedia 5.1thx.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th July, 2003, 02:42 AM

vdim on 9800pro 256

oh come one guys...there must be someone out there doing this??? PLEASE going nutts here!
P4@4ghz,16x250 1:1ddr, prommie cooled, 1gb hyperXpc4000@250 8-4-4-3, ic7max3, dual antec true control 550's, dual raptor 36.4 raid 0 16kstrips,bfg 6800 gt oc at 450/1050 danger den nv40 block, audigy 2zs platinum,viewsonic p220f,klipsch promedia 5.1thx.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th July, 2003, 12:02 AM

I dont have one to test

Can you post a high res pic of the card so I can take a look, both sides as high as your cam will do please (Ill need to read the writing on the vregs)

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 8th July, 2003, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holst
I dont have one to test

Can you post a high res pic of the card so I can take a look, both sides as high as your cam will do please (Ill need to read the writing on the vregs)

gosh Im sorry, I never got an email indicating your response so I just saw it....that seems to be happening alot when a moderator posts for some reason??? Anyway Im uploading da pics...thanks!!!! My camera seems to have a problem with focusing too closely though??? ARG!!! this dang camera wont take pics for crap....going to borrow one today and Ill get you some pics tonight. The chips are the same numbers as the 9700pro. It looks as though the modding will be really straight forward Identical to that of the 9700 however its the voltage measuring points that have me spun for a loop.
Old 17th July, 2003, 01:50 AM

argh!!!!!!!!!

this is driving me nutts...its seems that a $300 digital still shot sony wont take close enough pics without blurring the image? I borrowed my bosses 4 megapixel and It wont do it either......My dang $1600 camera wont do it either. I have seen plenty of close up pics on chips before...what the heck kind of camera are they using????? Is all good though cause with the lack of cash lately Im not going to risk this card anyway.....not for a couple of hundred points any how.....guess with the folding and all Im looking at this card now going...what a dumb@$$ I am cause that money could have put together another nice folding system....especially when I already have a few 9700pros..argg.
Old 22nd July, 2003, 04:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McFaul
this is driving me nutts...its seems that a $300 digital still shot sony wont take close enough pics without blurring the image? I borrowed my bosses 4 megapixel and It wont do it either......My dang $1600 camera wont do it either. I have seen plenty of close up pics on chips before...what the heck kind of camera are they using????? Is all good though cause with the lack of cash lately Im not going to risk this card anyway.....not for a couple of hundred points any how.....guess with the folding and all Im looking at this card now going...what a dumb@$$ I am cause that money could have put together another nice folding system....especially when I already have a few 9700pros..argg.
Look for a macro focous option on the camera. Every camera made in the past 2+ years has one (or at least should).
But some cameras are better for super closeup shots than others. It still should be able to take a decent picture with macro turned on.

Edit: and you must have some big ones to bring yourself to mod a $499 videocard
Old 22nd July, 2003, 05:07 AM

just did but cant find one.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed
Look for a macro focous option on the camera. Every camera made in the past 2+ years has one (or at least should).
But some cameras are better for super closeup shots than others. It still should be able to take a decent picture with macro turned on.

Edit: and you must have some big ones to bring yourself to mod a $499 videocard

I mean it has the macro focus in the form of infinity and some other settings but I try them all and it takes okay pics but.....just outside the range of being able to red the chips. I took a pic of the nb a while back and you could read them just fine though???
Either way its no biggy cause I got some info on the mods but Im hearing that its not really worth it as you can only go up to 415 on the mem anyway. Since funds are hecka low Im not even going to risk it at this poinst. I gotta say though I got bored last night and tried ut2k3 at highest detail and 1920x1200 which is my monitors native res. Holey crap if it wasnt a totally different world. Im ussually so concerned with winning that framerate is my issue but its nice to kick it in single player at high res for bit. Unbelievable 3d rendering.