AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th September, 2003, 03:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to CeleryMan Send a message via Yahoo to CeleryMan

NAD 20E headphone question

I don't know if there are any budding, long time, or average audiophiles and/or serious music enthusiests here at AOA except for me and exactly how many there are, but I need some advice or some help locating these headphones.

I have been borrowing a set of NAD 20E Electrostatic headphones from my boss who happened to come across them in a pawn shop that knew nothing about them. If you know anything about these headphones or electrostatic speakers in general, you know that electrostatics have to have at least a good hour (preferably 4 or 5) of good warmup and breakin time before you can expect to hear anything remotely impressive about them. The people in the pawn shop did not know this, so they thought the headphones sounded bad and slapped 30 bucks on them. Wow, what idiots.

What I want to know is if anyone knows where I can find a set of these with the energizer if at all possible. I am ADDICTED to these things, and without even having them hooked to a decent receiver. I would LOVE to hear them hooked up to a good tube (Acoustic Research, Dynaco ST-70, Jolida or dare I say Krell) amplifier with some good Burr Brown DACs and a California Audio Labs CD transport or a good Micro Seiki or Thorens turntable.

By the way, my boss WILL NOT sell them to me (lol) and with good reason. I just wish I had the money to afford a pair of Stax Earspeakers (audiophile Nirvana).

Thnx guys!!
Tear on your undesirable cry, the times that we've tried, and ended up making things worse than they were before, ever could have been or thought to be. Im moving on without you. Im moving on without my light, and no, I won't cry tonight..... - OBA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th November, 2007, 10:09 AM

Got one, near mint condition!

So..... if you're still looking for this piece of Hifi Art, pls reply.
Only problem:I live in europe. That means AC 220 volts.

Although I think it won't be a big problem to transform this to 110 volts.

Regards, René.