AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th September, 2003, 05:33 PM

Aztech Soundcard DOS Drivers

Hmm....just trying to resurrect a very old computer, it's all working fine, but....i cannot find DOS drivers for my old soundcard anywhere and disks have long been overwritten.

After much searching on driverguide et al, i've managed to track down windows drivers, but would love to dig out Privateer 2 (anyone remember that? ) which was full DOS only, and compatibility mode just doesn't quite do it.

It's an Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington something or other, the chipset is AZT2316 but i think AZT2320 would also work.

Surely someone out there must have an old driver disk gathering dust somewhere?

Thanks in advance, will buy you a if anyone does

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th September, 2003, 05:48 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/70/70900.htm

Make mine a double and I'm hoping that it's some of the black stuff if your name's anything to go by
Old 24th September, 2003, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dod
http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/70/70900.htm

Make mine a double and I'm hoping that it's some of the black stuff if your name's anything to go by
Hehe...unfortunately, i've moved to england...and it just aint the same

Thanks for taking the trouble to look it up, but unfortunately the labelling leaves a lot to be desired on that site...already downloaded about half of them earlier and no dos drivers...the installer just kicks you back into windows.

*UPDATE*

hehe...you inspired me to look some more and i had a flash of inspiration...rather than looking for the chipset, i looked for the multimedia suite that came with it MMPro 16AB or something, found something similar, installed that...it has a fit in DOS, says it can't detect soundcard but it works where it counts...in the game

now i can play one of the best games ever...after years without and for that, i will make the trip back to Ireland and get you some

thanks again

Two lessons learned

1) When you've been staring at a screen for hours looking for something, you'll always miss it
2) It's only when you move backwards that you realise how much more hassle it was back then to do stuff on a computer....three cheers for Bill?!....surely not!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th September, 2003, 07:38 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock_uk
Hehe...unfortunately, i've moved to england...and it just aint the same

Thanks for taking the trouble to look it up, but unfortunately the labelling leaves a lot to be desired on that site...already downloaded about half of them earlier and no dos drivers...the installer just kicks you back into windows.

:
Ah well, good you got it going
I know what you mean about not being the same. I've had a couple of weekends out in Dublin. It's good seeing the shamrock at the bottom of the glass

Tags
sound card