AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd April, 2004, 12:50 AM

Exclamation Need help please!!! (geforce 2 dxdiag lockup)

I have an old (maybe ancient) machine its an AMD 650.

I have

Toshiba 6x DVD
512 SD 100 RAM
SB live Value
Geforce 2 GTS (Creative Labs)
Win 2000 (Currently)
Maxtor 27 GB
Maxtor 3.4 GB

ok here is the problem, I cannot run any direct 3d applications on my computer. I have an Award BIOS (Sorry but have not found out exact mobo model).

To solve the problem I have tried many different things I disabled AGP aliasing, I installed Win XP, Red Hat 9 but the problem still exists. Its not only with direct 3d it also happens with opengl. I tried moving the card to another machine the card runs fine. I installed Win 98 SE A and the problems go away but I need win 2000 or win XP min to do my development work. I have tried to update various things like drivers, direct x, AGP patches.

Most people narrow it down to a troublesome nv4_s***.dll causing the problem in the Nvidia drivers. It is causing me hell as I don't where to begin now.

The problems don't exist in win 98 but in anything else there is a serious problem with d3d or opengl. I think I found a way for opengl to work but need d3d as I cannot play nearly all my games.

Any help here is greatly appreciated
Old 4th April, 2004, 09:33 AM
Member/Contributer

Hey, welcome to AOA Forums.

Off the top of my head, I think you should try to download an old driver from somewhere, instead of going with the newer ones. Just a thought.
Old 11th April, 2004, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Hey, welcome to AOA Forums.

Off the top of my head, I think you should try to download an old driver from somewhere, instead of going with the newer ones. Just a thought.
I tried some older drivers and the problem still persists. I know the mobo has only got a 2x AGP port and the geforce 2 is a 4x AGP card. I think this is where Nvidia create the problem in the drivers.

I know many people used to have this problem. If anyone can remember what driver version they used to solve it can you please post the driver version number.

Thanks
Old 23rd April, 2004, 03:11 AM

Unhappy still need help

Hey guys U tried upgrading and downgrading. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. I know I need an old driver but does anyone know the version number and more importantly what direct x versio they had to solve it. I am also convinced it has something to do with the AGP drivers. I have tried to put the card in another machine and it runs ok.

amd 650 + geforce 2 gts + win 2000 / XP do not mix for sure. I would be surprised if anyone had this wierd setup.
Old 23rd April, 2004, 05:05 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I'm thinking you need to manually remove whatever drivers you may have installed. Usually, you can do this by simply doing the Add/Remove Hardware thing. If not, you may have to Google on something like:

'nVidia driver manual uninstall'

and see what you turn up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!