AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th August, 2004, 05:11 PM

Help - Audigy 2 Sound Card

I'm having a problem and I believe it's related to my soundcard maybe. My problem is that when I type on the keyboard (even right now as I'm typing) I get these distortion noises. I've asked a few people about this and they said it's the sticky keys but it isn't. And it's not the speakers because it comes over the headphones. Even when I hold one key down, the distortion occurs. It's been getting really annoying trying to play a game online when you have to use the keyboard.

Can anyone help me? Oh, and the soundcard that I'm running is a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 24-bit.

Thanks.
Old 19th August, 2004, 06:33 PM

Do you have a usb or a ps/2 keyboard? Try swaping a ps/2 keyboard for a usb (or visa versa). Where is your keyboard connected in location to your sound card?

Unfortunately when you have a sound processor located inside a computer (which has lots of electrical noise) you end up with a signal that isn't clean. Many things can change what interference is effecting your card (ie a keystroke and the electrical pulse that it trigers). I have an el cheepo soundcard and if I turn up my speakers to thier loudest (without anything playing) I can hear a definate change in the hiss when I move the mouse or type. Though it is extremely minute. With a card like the audigy 2 though you shouldn't have such a noticable problem. Like I said you may have to try different keyboards plugged into different parts of your computer.

new folding member
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th August, 2004, 07:14 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

my wireless keyboard/mouse cause the same behavior. so does one of my optical drives when it spins up...just interference. try lowering the volume in your control panel and muting your mic when not in use.