AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th October, 2004, 07:16 PM

Fullscreen PC2TV problem for X800Pro VIVO

Hi.
This July I picked up a new PC with the Sapphire X800Pro VIVO card. I love it but recently I have been having some very annoying problems with it. First off, my card is connected and set up for TV-out through S-video. Until recenlty, I was able to play .avi files and dvds and such in a small window on my monitor, and they would automatically play fullscreen on the TV. Then suddently the feature went away, and now the only way I can play something in fullscreen on my TV is if I lower my monitor's resolution to 1024x768 and then maximixe/fullscreen it on my computer's monitor.
I emailed ATI tech support and they sent me here http://www.ati.com/support/faq/pc2tv.html but that didn't help. I then tried updating the drivers but I had problems with Sapphire's drivers, and the ATI driver update package off their site. I get two cli.exe errors and I cannot run the control centre.

So I had to delete all the drivers and go back the one ones on the CD that came with the x800. Catalyst driver version 4.6

I honestly dont care about updating the drivers, I just need the option of playing a video file on my PC and having it play on my TV in fullscreen as opposed to the size it is on the monitor?

Help please?

My specs:
Intel P4 3.0E w/Hyper Threading
2.0GB PC3200 4x512MB
Asus P4800-SE / case Antec SLK3700BQE
Sapphire Radeon X800Pro 256MB
Seagate 120GB SATA HDD
LG4120 DVDRW
LG 16X DVDROM
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Running XP Pro with SP2
Old 1st November, 2004, 01:43 PM
Member/Contributer

have you got hydravision installed? I'm not sure it will fix it but if you haven't then you could try it
is your tv display setup to display the primary desktop or to be its own independent display?

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th December, 2004, 02:39 PM

In order for you to get the Media Center to work you must have Microsoft .Net Framework 1.0 installed as the Media Center requires it.

You can get it very easily by going to www.windowsupdate.com and selecting custom install. From here it will create a list to the right of things you can install. Select 'Optional Software updates' from the list then 'Microsoft .Net Framworks 1.0" after installing that I suggest going back and getting the patch for it.

Something to note, Windows will run two Cli.exe instances. The all lower case one is the actual program, the all uppercase one is the system tray icon. I turn off my tray icon cause I don't really need to see this :P you can do this by going to Start-> Run-> type in MSconfig when the window comes up click on the start up tab and then uncheck ATI Catalyst system Tray. When you restart your PC it will come up with a warning that you have edited start up. Click Never show this again and then OK and your all set.