AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th February, 2002, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to CreePinG_DeatH

RivaTuner question

Question... In the registry editor part of Riva Tuner, there was a string that said ForceQuadro.

what does this do if I turn it on?
Old 6th February, 2002, 10:11 PM
Banned

There are several settings to enable the quadro... you'll have to find this information (maybe google will have it linked) before tinkering, but I'm sure it's not just one setting...
Old 6th February, 2002, 10:13 PM

I believe it is used to make the drivers think that the board you are using is a Quadro. Quadro boards are for professional graphics like CAD/CAM designs. As far as I know it will not increase your frame rate in games.
Old 6th February, 2002, 11:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to CreePinG_DeatH

No it will not change framerates, but it will make OpenGL pictures sharper and clearer. I just wanted to know what that command did. I am just going to crush the resistors. It's eaasier than changing the drivers for me. Reason being is that the guides that I have looked at, depicted which driver files to hex edit, but the string that was supposed to be in there was not.